What to do for Architect Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
What symbolizes an architect for a pen?
With spring here, I have a customer that wants a "special" pen for a graduating architect. Didn't come up with any ideas searching the forums and an internet search keeps bringing up Masonic items. I do not know enough about free mason to know if it would be offensive to either free masons or architects to use a free mason laser inlay without the G?

What have others done for Architects or what ideas would you be willing to pass on to me?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

There are some laser-cut inlay pens that have features which are symbolic of what mechanics, carpenters, and other craftsmen do. There might be something more suitable for architects than a masonic pen. I don't want to mention any company in particular for fear of being accused of advertising.

Last edited:

Mr Vic

How about a fountain pen with an Architects Nib...My understanding is it was at one time very popular because Frank Lloyd Wright used one.

jttheclockman

What symbolizes an architect for a pen?
With spring here, I have a customer that wants a "special" pen for a graduating architect. Didn't come up with any ideas searching the forums and an internet search keeps bringing up Masonic items. I do not know enough about free mason to know if it would be offensive to either free masons or architects to use a free mason laser inlay without the G?

What have others done for Architects or what ideas would you be willing to pass on to me?

Here is what I would do. Easy enough.

http://tuhinternational.com/wp-content/uploads/Scale-Pen-by-Shigeru-Ban.jpg

Or something like this

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/QzkAAOSwrklVIsJ9/s-l300.jpg

Last edited:

BradG

It depends on your capabilities. if you can make metal pens, you could consider etching in graphics which are relevant to the field

stock-vector-architecture-construction-buildings-and-tools-icons-108647204.jpg

compass-tool-variant_318-49951.png

Plenty more to be found here
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=a...ed=0ahUKEwiKyaT18KHMAhXMvRoKHbrpDpUQ_AUIBigB#

An architect was thrilled to buy a "convertible" sketch pen (PSI product) a while back. It's the one with the heavy (5 mm?) shop pencil lead and also a mini ball point refill. He said it was great for sketching with a customer and then could be switched out quickly to sign a contract.

Thanks for the ideas so far. Metal etching would be cool, but outside of my capabilities. The scales that JT linked would be cool.

For some reason, what seems like a simple idea is turning out to be difficult. I may just suggest a high end pen instead of a themed pen.

Top Bottom