What is a desent pen for family members?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

refueler1

The wife wants me to make a dozen pens for family members. A few guys and several woman. She wants them out of acrylic. But, she does not like the slim line. Is there a good looking pen that isnt real expensive that will make a good gift and be durable to last a while. I was thinking in the range of $10 a kit......

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

terryf

Quick n easy would be Sierra/Mesa/Aero series

or two tube in the form of Jr Gent/Baron etc

If I had to make a dozen Id personally go with a Sierra/Jr Gent combo. Sierras for the ladies and Jr Gents for the men.

Also bear in mind that you can get quantity discounts from most places.

maxman400

I really Like the CSUSA Long Clicker, It gives you a long body to show off your acrylic, room to play with the shape Bigger for Men and Smaller for women. And being that it is a click pen, it's a one hand operation. It has a strong clip and uses a Parker refill.

GoodTurns

I really Like the CSUSA Long Clicker, It gives you a long body to show off your acrylic, room to play with the shape Bigger for Men and Smaller for women. And being that it is a click pen, it's a one hand operation. It has a strong clip and uses a Parker refill.

+1 on the long click or another of the single barrel "big" pens...Stretch or vertex types.

76winger

I would also put in a plug for the Comfort style pens if you like the smaller 7mm tubes and cross refills. They're a bit larger and more comfortable to hold.

Slimline pro, Cigar, Designer, Gatsby, Polaris and Executive styles (PSI names I'm still more familiar with, don't know all the alternative names yet) are nicer alternatives and use the Parker style refills that I personally prefer.

In then end, think about what you like in a given style and think about whether your recipients will like that as well, or do the appreciate different qualities in a pen? Does the preference lead toward twist style or click type pens? Single body or double? Large small or medium in size? Once you answer some of those questions, you'll have narrowed your search down considerably.

refueler1

Thanks for the quick replies. I will find some photos of the pens you guys suggested and see which ones the wife wants me to TRY and make.

BSea

I was in the same situation awhile back for my daughter's wededing. My wife wanted me to make "a few" pens for special guest & people that helped in the wedding. It ended up being 19 pens & 2 bottle stoppers. With a few exceptions, the women received Sierra's & the men received cigars.

Grizz

Banned
Just go to one of the Pen Company sites and take a look. Many suggestions have been already made. I find the CSUSA Euro's to be quite nice for under the budget you are talking about.

jbswearingen

I've been turning the chrome Big Samoan from www.woodpenpro.com -- I like the kit and those that receive the pen like it, too.

http://woodpenpro.com/pen_kits/0017_cigar_pen_chrome_big_samoan.html

0017_chrome_big_samoan_cigar_lg.jpg

Top Bottom