What CSUSA kits have the new nib?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

airrat

I know there are issues with the JR State/Gent new nib. I just saw a Panache posted with the same nib.

Did they change that one too?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

LanceD

I'm not sure but I think that was the original nib on the Panache. I've got several of those kits and only turned one. The nib looks bad on it not only because of the shape of it but on a kit the size of the Panache the nib looks to be too small for for the pen.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Actually, the Panache USE to have the old style nib. I guess the boys from Provo have decided that all of their rollerball nibs should look alike. Yuck! Unless I get an order from Monica, I guess I won't be ordering these either.

bradbn4

Another thing odd about the Panache - was that standard Pen mills 3/4" size would not work - the bushing shoulder was larger than .75 of an inch.

I have 6 pen blanks ready to be trimmed and I have had no luck sanding to get to the 90 degree angle.

Bradbn4

les-smith

Originally posted by DCBluesman
<br /> Unless I get an order from Monica, I guess I won't be ordering these either.

If I understand you right, I've heard the same thing at work. Everybody seems to thinks these pens look like some sort of phallic symbol or something. I don't know I just started shopping at CSUSA and now I think I'm going to have to go eleswhere until it gets fixed.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
I'm sad to say it, but you are reading me correctly. Unfortunately, it doesn't need a fix. This was a thought-out and planned change. I, along with quite a few others, will not be buying kits with this particular rollerball nib. I may still buy the fountain pen kits (the Panache, however, does not have a fountain pen version), but unless the design is changed to something more appealing, my rollerballs will come from another supplier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom