What bushings are these?????

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Hi all,
Need some help...

I have a set of bushings that I thought were Pacifica's, but they aren't. I got them from WoodPenPro, and they are a two bushing set. The larger inserted (part that goes in the tube) diameter is .405 and the other is .387.:confused:

Any ideas???

THanks in advance,

Gregory of PuzzledInThe Forest

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rifleman1776

Unless you know for sure, the trash is best place for them. Bushing are cheap. A failed pen because of a mix up is costly.
I just don't understand how so many guys get their bushing mixed up and out of order. It is easy to keep track if they are just kept with the kits they belong with. Small drawers or even plastic storage bags work. It's simple.

rjwolfe3

Greg,
I checked my extensive bushing spreadsheet and didn't find any 2 bushing sets that small. I am assuming you are measuring the bushing part and not the part that goes in the brass tubes? Is it possible that they belong to a larger set?

Jim Smith

rjwolfe3,

Would you be willing to share your spreadsheet? I have a couple of sets that I'm not sure about and I've been looking for a list of bushing sizes and the kits they go with.

Thanks.

Jim Smith

rjwolfe3

I will with the understanding that it is no way complete and may contain errors and you have to use at your own risk. Just pm me with your email and I will send it off.

Randy_

Try sending a PM to Randy...he was making up a chart at one point for some pen kits, so he might have the info on that chart.

Worth a shot, anyway!

Andrew

I'd be glad to help; but I don't have any information on kits from WoodenPenPro. I can't even manage to get all of the information I would like on the kits from the Big 3, so I'm not even going to attempt to keep up with the small guys.

Thanks for the assumption that I was guilty of mixing up the bushings, but these were like this straight out of the shipping box from WoodPenPro. I had ordered four sets of bushings from them, 3 for slims and the 4th was supposed to be Pacifica's for their Fishers of Men pens. The 3 sets for the slims were correct. I don't know what this other set is for. These are the insert parts of the bushings that are the incorrect diameter.

Thanks for the comments, I just didn't want to return them if I could use them for something else, but I guess not. I'll call WPP - they have good customer service and will take care of this for me.

Last edited:

Pen Maker

Well it IS wintertime, we need all the exercise we can get, either by JUMPING to conclusions or RUSHING to judgements. One way or another, We'll get you through this predictament.

Well it IS wintertime, we need all the exercise we can get, either by JUMPING to conclusions or RUSHING to judgements. One way or another, We'll get you through this predictament.

:wink: No problem, I'm no worse off now than I was when I asked the question...

I wonder if the odd one (larger or the two) just didn't get fully machined. THe outside dimension is correct and they are the correct width, just the inside (part that goes in the tube) is off. I may just put it on a mandrel and turn it down to the correct diameter. It'll work.

:biggrin:

Pen Maker

Greg, Looking at the wpp page, it calls for a 27/64 bit. So your tube end should caliper out to that dim. What size do you have in hand? You could find the other size by measuring the diameter of the the lower barrel and the clip end.

Last edited:

Pen Maker

I just measured a tube for an Elegant Beauty IT is 27/64. The OD of the lower Ti barrel is 15/32 so that should the the high side of one bushing and I have the same measurement on the clip insert.... So both bushing should be 27/64 low step and 15/32 on the high mark.

bitshird

I just measured a tube for an Elegant Beauty IT is 27/64. The OD of the lower Ti barrel is 15/32 so that should the the high side of one bushing and I have the same measurement on the clip insert.... So both bushing should be 27/64 low step and 15/32 on the high mark.

The fishers of men and the pacificas are roughly the same size as a Sierra not an Elegant Beauty,
Elegant Beauty (the real one).327-.478
Sierra/Pacifica/Fishers Of Men .386-.476 (old well used bushings) most likely were .478 before sanding.

Top Bottom