What bushings fit different kits???

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

curlymaplefan

I get confused at what kit what bushings...and buying bushings for kits from diffent venders is a little expensive...

I have bullett bushings,slimline,cigar,designer...and a few of these I have the pencil bushings..

What other kits can I get with out buying more bushings,or is buying bushings for each kit the way it is..

I am not good at making pens so do them on live centers is out :(

Jim

ahoiberg

jim, for the most part there are different bushings for each kit. however, you can usually get by OK if you get, say, cigar bushings from one vendor and then, in turn, buy your kits elsewhere. same goes for slimline, sierra, etc. At least that's what I've found, others may say otherwise.

that's how the companies make their money, different bushings for different kits and different drill bits for the respective kits...

toolcrazy

Pay very close attention to what the catalogs list for the bushings and bit. I have seen some kits take the same bushings just by noticing the same part numbers. Like the Jr. Gent and Jr Statesman take the same bushings and drill bits. Toni from woodcraft and Streamline from AS I believe are the same. Navigator from woodcraft and the Baron from AS are the same.

Rifleman1776

Buying bushings is just part of the game. And a very necessary part. Buy one or two sets with every new kit you try. Get them from the same vendor you are buying the kits from. There are some new Cigars coming along that vary slightly from what we get from the major vendors. But, to answer your question, I'm sure someone has published a list. Try the library here. Or just wait, someone might send you the link. However, it isn't worth the bother. Bushings are relatively cheap and should be considered disposables. You will be better of buying what you need and keeping them in an orderly way with the matching kits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom