What is the best band saw blade?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenMan1

I was in BORG yesterday and they had the flloor display Ridgid 14" band saw on clearance for $150. The band saw works ok. It had a little vibration, but I put on better tires and a link bent and now it is smooth.

The "stock" blade is awful. What is the most useful, best cutting size and best manufacture of bandsaw blades? Timberwolf used to be good, but I haven't bought a BS blade in a while.

What do ya'll recommend?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
I'm about to start a group buy on Carbide Tipped Laguna Blades. These are great as long as you're not cutting rocks or nails. See the group buy area over the weekend for details.

PenMan1

Which size(1/4, 1/2, etc) and what tooth pattern pattern is the most useful? I would definitely be interested in the carbide tipped Laguna buy!

KenBrasier

I bought some Olsen All-Pro Blades and I'm very impressed with their performance. They are a bit more pricey than the regular Olsen, but worth the extra. I am however interested in trying the Laguna Carbide tipped blades if "wolftat" puts together the group buy.

jocat54

I just bought a "woodslicer" from Highland woodworking and there is just no comparison to a stock blade. Blade drift is all but gone and cutting is like a hot knife in butter. I am really pleased with it. Of course they are pricey in comparison. I have also heard good things about the Timberwolf but have not used one.

John

ldb2000

I just bought a "woodslicer" from Highland woodworking and there is just no comparison to a stock blade. Blade drift is all but gone and cutting is like a hot knife in butter. I am really pleased with it. Of course they are pricey in comparison. I have also heard good things about the Timberwolf but have not used one.

John

1+ for the woodslicer blades . Best blade I have ever used .

PenMan1

Butch and John:
I just spoke with the guys at Highland Hardware. They custom make those blades for the 93 1/2 lengths. I want the 1/2 and not the 3/4", Right?

bitshird

It was like giving a pig ice cream, but I bought a Lenox 1/2 x 4 tpi for my 12 in Craftsman and it cuts straight, no blade wander and I use it quite a bit.

PenMan1

yes 1/2" is a good size for general cutting and some resawing . 3/4" is only for resawing .

I'll still buy a Laguna if ya'll get a group buy together. I've had good luck with thier stuff in the past.

Top Bottom