What all do I need for stablizing blanks???

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

GregD

I know I've seen a thread somewhere on stablizing.I did a search of this site and didn't find much on stablizing my own blanks. What all do I need to do it?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fearless

Greg,
Search key word "stabilizing" all forums,all words,title and message.
I got a bunch of hits.HTH
tried to include the link but I couln't "Get er Done."[:D][:D]

Fangar

Your welcome Greg. I sent a reply to your email too. I posted this before, but here is cigar that I turned out of some super spalted maple that I stabilized.

spalt.jpg

James

GregD

Wow, thats an awsome looking pen!
Thanks for all the info. I don't plan on doing a lot of stablizing. just the occaisional blank that I don't want to loose because it's so punky.

Fangar

Originally posted by GregD
<br />Wow, thats an awsome looking pen!
Thanks for all the info. <b>I don't plan on doing a lot of stablizing. just the occaisional blank that I don't want to loose because it's so punky.</b>

Thanks. My boat exactly. I lost about 3 of these before I stabilized the rest. let us know how it goes.

James

Thumbs

....... I lost about 3 of these before I stabilized the rest. ........
James

I think I would just cry if I lost three like that![:(] You guys are encouraging the rest of us to try it, too! [:)] Next thing you know rotten wood sales will be going through the roof! And prices will be spiraling up, too! [:D] Thanks!

M

Mudder

http://www.penturners.org/content/polyurethane1.pdf

This is also a very good place to look.

Skordog

Awesome looking pen James!!! I've thought about trying my hand at it but have not yet. I sent away 4 blanks to ....(name escapes me at the moment)...for a trial stabilization for $7.00. Have not received it back yet. I'll have to call him if it doesn't show up sometime soon.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Originally posted by Skordog
<br />Awesome looking pen James!!! I've thought about trying my hand at it but have not yet. I sent away 4 blanks to ....(name escapes me at the moment)...for a trial stabilization for $7.00. Have not received it back yet. I'll have to call him if it doesn't show up sometime soon.

Jeff,
It is likely Steve White at http://www.rrpwhite.com/ that you are trying to remember. Steve is the only one I know who offers a trial of his services.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom