What 3 pens would you turn?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

StephenM

I want to simplify my life and am only going to turn 3 pens:

1) Rollerball/Fountain with postable end.

2) Euro

3) Click

What 3 pens do you like the best and why?

I've decided on the Navigator/Baron for #1 and for # 3 was going to go with the new one from PSI that has a stylus built in that the pen clicks through but haven't heard good things about it so I'm interested in everyone's opinions on what they like for 2 and 3.

Thanks,

Steve
St. Louis

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mg_dreyer

For me the roller ball / fountain is the PSI Vertex Supreme. Postable via magnet - no plastic threads. Durable. Strong magnet won't come apart in your pocket. I have made a couple hundred recently and am very happy with them.

MTViper

1) Rollerball/fountain pen: I like the Vertex Supreme, too, but I carry a Churchill. Feels best in my hand.

2) Euro: Don't turn them any more. I want a Parker style refill. For a twist pen, I prefer Cigar with a stylus for men and a Tetra for women.

3) Click: The only pure click I turn any more is the Vertex. I do like the bolt action and lever action, though.

I couldn't simplify to 3.

magpens

1) Vertex Supreme

2) Cigar Ballpoint using single twist transmission

3) 30 Caliber Bolt Action

Scrap the Euro

Dan Masshardt

I have that narrow it down thought from time to time but it never works our.

My list would probably be jr, cigar, zen and Id need to sneak in an aero or liberty or some similar kit too.

EN Pens

Triton rollerball. Best quality regardless of price
Vertex or Stratus best clicks around
Sierra types as mentioned above

magpens

Triton rollerball. Best quality regardless of price
Vertex or Stratus best clicks around
Sierra types as mentioned above

Stratus clip is too weird and fragile

Vertex click is good if you reinforce the clicker stem

Original Sierra is too old-fashioned but the newer similar types (like Liberty, Virage, Napoleon) are great

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
If I had to narrow it down that far, my choices would be:

1. Triton or Vertex Supreme for a rollerball - previous comments cover why I would pick from these two. I like them both & would have to flip a coin if I could only choose one. Vertex Supreme is my go-to RB in the office because it's so easy to pop the cap on & off while I'm taking notes during a meeting. The Triton is a classier looking pen though.

2. "Sierra" for a twist ballpoint. Simple to make and there are lots of styles available that use the same tube/barrel size. You can wait until the blank is turned & finished to decide which kit would be best for that blank.

3. Compson or Vertex for a clicker. I like them both, but if I could only pick one, it would probably be the Compson because it's about 1/2" shorter than the Vertex which makes it a better carry pen, IMHO.

Edgar

StephenM

Are you asking so you can focus on three styles for show sales?

A combination of trying to simplify my life and having a friend opening a store who asked if I'm still making pens and would I be interested in letting her sell them.

Still liking the navigator, changed to a cigar and now looking at the clickers. Not a big fan of the Sierra because of the "lack" of wood.

efrulla

I only turn rollerballs with the exception of the PSI Bolt Action. My preferred Rollerball is the Desire from LaserLine. Great pen made from stainless steel

Top Bottom