Well now I've done it.......l

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

swirlman

Went out today and got a Jet Mini to upgrade my Craftsman lathe. Got home, set it up and then I see it.... every things a 2MT. The Craftsman is a 1MT so my mandrels wont fit. Now I need the Beall Collet from Woodchips, Beall Collet spanner wrench, TM 32 drill chuck from PSI, Barracuda 2 key chuck, this will get me back to drilling and turning again. Lord I love pen turning..... anyone think of anything else I should get, or need to get for this Jet to get me back to turning. Almost forgot, read here somewhere that I should throw away the 60 degree live center that came with it and replace it with a 30 degree. Couldn't find one on Woodchips site, where else can I look? Any help here will be appreciated.

George

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

NavyDiver

Congrats on the new lathe! Sounds like a good shopping list. I don't think you want a 30 degree live center (don't think I've seen one), but you might consider upgrading to a different 60 degree center.

swirlman

Oops!! my mistake, found the old post concerning the live centers shipped with new Jets. It said, pitch the shipped live center and get a 60 degree. Will continue to look for one.

George

its_virgil

They (60 degree live center) are readily available. Look for the at http://www.littlemachineshop.com or http://www.grizzly.com to start.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by swirlman
<br />Oops!! my mistake, found the old post concerning the live centers shipped with new Jets. It said, pitch the shipped live center and get a 60 degree. Will continue to look for one.

George

swirlman

Ok, received my replacement 60 degree live center from Little Machine Shop today along with the Barracuda2 and 2MT Jacobs chuck from PSI, also got my Beall collet from Wood Chips, life is good.....now it's off to the shop this weekend to have some real fun!!!!!!!!!

George, in Indiana

swirlman

No, didn't get the heavy duty but I did get 2 of the lite duty. At that price having an extra one around as backup couldn't hurt.
Unless I forget where I put the backup. LOL

George, in Indiana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom