Well....I did it!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jleiwig

I couldn't stop my car from driving over to Woodcraft this morning after selling a tool yesterday and another this morning! :biggrin:

attachment.php

attachment.php

I have to say I'm happier than a pig in sh....poop!

Too bad it will be at least 2 weeks before I can do anything with it, probably a month. Really busy for the next few weeks! :frown:

Jet 1220, non-vs though, but that's ok. Picked up an impulse buy mt2 mandrel, even though I plan on turning between centers, just in case. Also a pen kit and a blank.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Man, I'd get a piece of cloth under those legs QUICK, before you end up in divorce court!!!

Nice lathe, suggest to your "honey" that it is a nice height there and you think you will mount it to that table (AFTER you are prepared to get hit)!!

theartist07

thats the same one i got, i'm sure you will be happy with it. I've turned a lot of pens and other things on mine, it's give no problems at all and i've had about two years now.. Now if you can resist buying all the other little goodies for it; which i can't. But i love it!!!!!!!!!!!

jim

jleiwig

Man, I'd get a piece of cloth under those legs QUICK, before you end up in divorce court!!!

Nice lathe, suggest to your "honey" that it is a nice height there and you think you will mount it to that table (AFTER you are prepared to get hit)!!

You have no idea how gentle I was setting it down!

I told her next weekend I was putting up a wall to divide my man room in half so I could devote part of it to the lathe. She wasn't too keen on that idea, so I said I could always just do stuff right here on the kitchen table. Needless to say she was more agreeable to me putting up the wall.

She has also thrown down the gauntlet. She stated that she won't believe I'm going to do anything with it until she see's a pen that will write produced off the lathe.

nava1uni

Congratulations on your new lathe. Welcome to the wild, wacky world of penturning. You have just joined a great group of people. Make her a wooden spoon or spatula for cooking, besides a pen. It will go a long way.
I am also surprised you didn't get it for placing it on the table, no matter how gently. The bottom of the rests are not finished so can easily scratch the table----lift it gently.

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
My wife would kick my A$$ if I would have put my jet on her table. :eek:
I couldn't stop my car from driving over to Woodcraft this morning after selling a tool yesterday and another this morning! :biggrin:

attachment.php

attachment.php

I have to say I'm happier than a pig in sh....poop!

Too bad it will be at least 2 weeks before I can do anything with it, probably a month. Really busy for the next few weeks! :frown:

Jet 1220, non-vs though, but that's ok. Picked up an impulse buy mt2 mandrel, even though I plan on turning between centers, just in case. Also a pen kit and a blank.

jleiwig

LOL...a spoon. Then I'd be a pig for suggesting such a thing as my wife cooking. Sorry..I do 95% of the cooking in this household. Hence, why it's not such a big deal that I set the lathe on the table. Of course that beauty did cost me a trip to the mall to get her a Vera Bradley purse that she has been eyeing. Ugliest thing I've ever seen, but I'm a guy..what do I know?

Sabaharr

ONE pen kit and ONE blank?? Anyone want to give odds he won't make it 2 weeks?

Congrats on the lathe. I just got the VS model 2 months ago and I am on about pen number 60. You will be back to woodcraft soon, but be aware that they are expensive and many of the dealers on here are not only cheaper, but they throw in extra stuff into your order quite often. Be sure to post a pic of that first pen no matter what it looks like. We were all there at one time so there will be plenty of praise or sympathy to go around, whichever is most appropriate. And always hold on to that frist one. You will be glad you did.
Stephen

jleiwig

ONE pen kit and ONE blank?? Anyone want to give odds he won't make it 2 weeks?

Congrats on the lathe. I just got the VS model 2 months ago and I am on about pen number 60. You will be back to woodcraft soon, but be aware that they are expensive and many of the dealers on here are not only cheaper, but they throw in extra stuff into your order quite often. Be sure to post a pic of that first pen no matter what it looks like. We were all there at one time so there will be plenty of praise or sympathy to go around, whichever is most appropriate. And always hold on to that frist one. You will be glad you did.
Stephen

The pen and the kit were an impulse buy from Woodcraft. They didn't even have the right bushings in stock, so even if I wanted to turn the pen I can't until I can get the proper bushings.

Of course I'm always accepting donations if you feel I need more pens and kits! I need to build up the play fund before I can buy any more stuff, and I have to finish installing the new soffitts on the house before the wifey will let me anywhere near the lathe.

To show my dedication to the cause I will sacrifice grilling out and playing cornhole next weekend to work on the soffitts like no man has before.

I do this in honor of all men who wish to sneak away to the man cave and play with their toys like no one but a fellow man can understand.

So next weekend when you are avoiding all semblances of a honey-do list tell you wife that I am holding down the fort for all mankind so that you can play with the kids, or be king of the grille, or just drink and shoot the breeze with your boys!

Top Bottom