Well... here's a first for me...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SuperDave

I was assembling a Black Titanium Cigar pen from AZS for last weekends show. As always, I dump all the parts onto a white towel and start pressing parts together.

The last thing I do is thread the Cap Coupler through the Clip and into the Cap. I started to thread the coupler and it felt funny. I looked again and it was shorter than normal. I thought I had a wrong part and looked back at my towel and there was a small 1/4" brass tube that I never remember having for a Cigar Pen in the past. I picked it up and noticed it appeared cut... so I looked at the coupler and low and behold, it had been cut (very cleanly, I might add) and both parts placed back into the bag.

It was cut so cleanly, it looked as though someone used a jewelers saw or scroll saw. Weird.

Anyone have a coupler before I contact AZS for a replacement?

Dave

20082140255_Pen%20Part.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

follow3

Hey Dave,

I sometimes shorten mine on purpose that way. You will find it will still work fine as long as it is long enough to engage the transmission.

Give it a try before you order a new one.

Steve

Chasper

That looks like the one I returned last month, you can CA that back together can't you?
Just kidding.....I had nothing to do with it.

SuperDave

Originally posted by Chasper

That looks like the one I returned last month, you can CA that back together can't you?

Gerry,

I have sent it out for forensics testing. If I can trace it back to you... well, you might receive something in the mail[}:)]:D

Originally posted by Chasper

The standard repair for this situation is two finishing nails and molasses.

burr

.... and all this time I thought the standard practice was to put them in the tube stretcher!!!!

Tea Clipper

Isn't the pencil version smaller like that? I wonder if someone was trying to convert a regular kit into a pencil kit, gave up, and returned it to Bill for a refund.

Hmmm....

Top Bottom