Wedding pens - need some advice

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Texatdurango

I see some members making "wedding pens", what is typically inscribed on the rings and is it typical for one ring to be black, the other white or both matching colors?

The wedding is June 4 so I may not have enough time to even get them done and off to a lazer guy but I'll at least try.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bensoelberg

If you really want to have them laser engraved, but don't have time for shipping, drop in to a local trophy shop and see what they'll charge. It will probably be more expensive than you are used to, but they can often do jobs with very little notice.

Woodlvr

Trophy Shop in Show Low:eek::biggrin: That would have been my kind of suggestion BUT how close is the closest town to you George? I got the impression that you were in the mountains away from civilization. :rolleyes:

JimMc7

I'm not sure what you mean by "rings" in this context, but suggest email to Ken @ Kallenshaan Woods for engraving time estimate. Ken did one for my son/D-I-L in about 1 week from when I sent until I got it back. I was probably lucky and he wasn't otherwise busy but worth a shot in any case.

I did the first names/date on JSII pen portion and photo of bride & groom on the cap -- alt ivory for the material. I've seen others with photo of wedding venue on cap which are nice, too. Ken also provided maple box with JSII insert and pen cap photo on the box.

Good luck!

Texatdurango

Oops, sorry for the slip up. I am looking to see what folks usually have engraved on the pens. I'm thinking each pen would have both names and the date of the marriage on one side of the cap and just their name on the opposite side....... Doable?

seamus7227

here is what i did with my wedding pen. the two background colors were my wife's colors and the lower barrel has the invitation stamp (has our picture on it)over it and cast in resin, then the upper barrel is a label with our names and the wedding date below!

micharms

I chose not to get the pens engraved but instead made a custom wooden box and used a decal of their engagement picture, their names and the date and a small passage of scripture.

Michael

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
I've done the names and date in the cap and copied the invitation art in the bottom.

attachment.php

Top Bottom