Wedding Pen Ideas Needed

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jcollazo

Our youngest daughter (the Marine) is getting married in May. She has requested that I make the pen for the guestbook. The catch is that she wants a feather plume coming out of the top.

Any of you good folks make a pen like that? I had originally planned something like an Emperor or a Statesman with a nice acrylic blank. Now..... ????

Any ideas?

BTW, her fiancee, also a Marine, wanted to make sure he had enough for the wedding, honeymoon and a house downpayment. Last June he volunteered to go to Iraq just for the combat bonus. He WILL be home at the end of April. I think kid's in love.

Firefyter-emt

I would pick up one of those fountain pen sections & nibs that guy is clearing out, fit it into some holly "ala cartridge dip pen" and make a desk pen mount for it. Work the body section into a short pen/feather holder.

That said, I would talk her into a "traditional store bought" feather pen made for this. Then make a nice his & hers with some engraving as a special present. Give these to them to sign the marriage licence. This way the pen still has a very high meaning to them, yet they can use it more than just once.

It's a gift.... :D

Top Bottom