Wedding Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

johnkofi

My Daughter is getting married in about 7 weeks, she told me yesterday that she wanted me to make her a pen for the guest book.
I am looking for suggestions on what type of blank I should use and what type of kit I should use, I would also need to know where I buy them.

Thanks -

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

davebrac

couple things you could try, holly, antler, a white acrylic, or alternative ivory. Personally I think gold fitting work well with white.

hope that helps

David

bdonald

I made one out of white holly. I was going to make a twist cap type of rollerball, but then decided against it and went with a twist, one less piece for a guest to accidentally walk off with. I agree with David as far as the gold, the platinum didnt seem to pop as much.

Bob

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
While white is generally good for weddings, the bride may have a different color scheme in mind.

Does she have a particular color scheme in mind for the wedding other then bride in white, groom in black?

Is there any wood that would have great sentimental value to the bride and groom?

For example, I just finished a set of pens for a wedding where the grandmother of the groom had started a lumber mill. I used wood from her land that she had run through the mill. The bride and groom will give these pens as gifts to the wedding party and family.

Other thoughts could be was there a tree he proposed to her next to, and can you prune a branch from that tree?

rherrell

Whatever you choose you DEFINITELY need to have it laser engraved.
http://www.kallenshaanwoods.com/
http://www.longhollowpens.com/engraving.html
Either one of these guys will do an EXCELLENT job and you won't break the bank.
I would have the pen engraved with their names and the date and I would get a nice box and have a picture of the church they got married in engraved on it with their names and date underneath.

fiferb

Whatever you choose you DEFINITELY need to have it laser engraved.
http://www.kallenshaanwoods.com/
http://www.longhollowpens.com/engraving.html
Either one of these guys will do an EXCELLENT job and you won't break the bank.
I would have the pen engraved with their names and the date and I would get a nice box and have a picture of the church they got married in engraved on it with their names and date underneath.
Like this one I made for my son's wedding? It is alternative ivory and engraved by Kallenshaan Woods. I also had him engrave a box to go with it. I made a fountain pen but in hindsight I would have made a rollerball. A lot of the guests signing the book didn't know how to use it.

Attachments

• Wedding Pen Enhanced.jpg
    Wedding Pen Enhanced.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 189

GoodTurns

I don't know if it can be engraved (anybody?) but white alabaster on a Jr. Statesman from CSUSA is a beautiful pen! Alt Ivory finishes and engraves beautifully.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Thanks to all.

I sent John a PM.

Still looking for one picture though - hope to find it sometime today, John.

I have over 7000 pictures in my computers here - every time I FIND something I am amazed.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
John,

Sorry to invade your thread. This is one of very FEW pens I am really proud of, so the devil made me post this picture.

Attachments

• bestfullnet.jpg
    bestfullnet.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 129
  • wednet1.jpg
    wednet1.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 122

alphageek

Former Moderator
You saved me looking for the wedding pen I made. That Italian white is a beautiful material too. And it looks great with Gold kits too.

scoutharps

Just an idea...if she is getting ribbon with thier names or what ever on it (try hancok's fabrics, I picked up a flyer there for the brides at work), and do any casting, you could wrap a tube with the ribbon and then turn it. It would be a good exuse to try the casting process! If I were the bride, I think I'd like the alternative ivory and gold. Is there a nice looking "desk pen" kit that would work? I would be sure that the erson in charge of the guest book knows to watch it like a hawk! We've all signed something and absent minedly walked off with the pen!

arjudy

Here is a pic of a wedding pen I made for our pastor's daughter using the white blank that I obtained from Ed. Turns great and has a very nice shimmer. The kit I used was a Jr. Statesman rollerball in rhodium and black titanium. I almost forgot. The laser engraving was done by Ken at Kallenshaan Woods and colorfilled with silver.

1_Wedding_Pen_IAP.jpg

sam

David, I made a wedding pen for my neice with BOW, as she & her now husband are very stong christians & active in their church. Ken at Kallenshaan Woods did the engraving. His work & service is unbeleivable.

Top Bottom