WC acrylics

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

txbatons

Just got back from my local WC and they finally have some of their new acrylics in stock. A little pricey for me (3.99), but cooler colors than they've offered in the past. Not the whole-wall treatment that others here have mentioned, just a couple of little boxes with the blanks thrown in.

I'm eager to turn these three and see how they look. Anyone else have opinions about the quality of 'em?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brewmeister35

Wow, my woodcraft has 2 endcaps stuffed and more on the shelves. Grab their catalog for a better idea of the assortment. The colors are close and they are actually a little nicer than the pics show. I thought they turned great and polished up very nice.

eskimo

I agree. I've done about a half dozen over the last week & they all came out great. I noticed their website has really expanded the acrylic offering and it's nice to be able to pick up 1 or 2 at the store, see what you like, then order quantity from the website.

DaveM

I just turned a few myself. Great colors, and they behaved well. No more difficult than the Berea or Beartooth acrylics.
Our local WC had them for 2.99 on purchases of 10 or more, and it was mix and match. I agree it's a bit pricy, but if they sell... There are some "Gotta Have" colors in this batch, and they look really nice when turned.

As soon as I figure the photo thing out (Today or tomorrow I hope) I will post "Violet", Lava", and "Carrot". (The first person I showed them to bought two of them, and commissioned another few from the blanks I got.)

Working on "Grass", "Blossom", "Tie Dye", "Ripe Banana", "Sugar", "Cowabunga" and a bunch more.

txbatons

Speed is good. I also would suggest having good ventilation and wearing a mask. I turned three of 'em today and the smell gave me a terrible headache. [xx(] Not used to that since I mainly turn wood.

Mark - which store did you go to? If it's the one in Farmers Branch, I must've missed the sale sign. They sure didn't have many of the old ones on the little shelf!

txbatons

Yep, I saw it this afternoon when I went. They honor the WC online quantity price and I grabbed 10 of the new ones for 2.99 each, used my birthday discount and the gift card that I "won" last month on their sale day, and ended up getting the 10 blanks for $19. Not a bad deal!

Daddy1

The banana split acrylic is my favorite. I can't keep stocked. As soon as I make a pen someone buys it.

I agree with what many have said, a little pricey but they turn good and their selection is GREAT.
I was just told they will be having a sale on their acrylics next month. So if you can hold off until then you should be able to save some $$$$$$$$ [;)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom