waterproof ink cartridge, FP... advice?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

redfishsc

Fantastic news. I gave my niece and her groom a nice fountain pen from amboyna for their wedding a month or two back. In her thank you note, she said this (and this is a shameless gloat[8D])

"So far I've been too scared to use the pen because it means so much, but Gene and I have found the perfect time to use it. We are expecting a child in May and he is going to use it to sign the birth certificate!!"

[^][^][^][^][^][^][^][^]

Folks, it don't get any better than that. Priceless!

Anyhow, the ink supplied with the FP (a Gent) is a standard ink cartidge, and I don't want them using that to sign a birth cert, it's not waterproof.

I read the thread here about PR's bullet-proof stuff but I need a good, recommended "plug it in" type cartridge that will be as permanent as possible. I realize that the water-resistant stuff can clot the nib up some, I'll warn her.

What do you recommend for a Gent? Is there something at Staples I can go buy, or what?

Thanks!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ashaw

Try Noddler's they have a number of bullet proof inks also Private Reserve has a black bullet proof ink. Just ask Anthony (Penworks)

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
I haven't seen any brand of bullet-proof ink in cartridges. That may be tough to find. Try emailing the Fountain Pen Hospital in New York. They have lots of smart folks working for them.

bjackman

You could send them a small quantity of bulletproof ink in a small non-leaking type medicine bottle, along with a syringe (usually about $.25 at a pharmacy where they will be ok selling you a single syringe if you explain to them what it's for. I understand they can't, by law, in some states, so ymmv) Then they can empty a standard cartridge and refill with bulletproof ink for the big event.
Sounds like you have several months advance notice, so you should have time to get it all organized and sent?

redfishsc

Well, yes, plenty of time, but as I am typing we are also packing to move so the more I can get done, the better.

Thanks for the tips all, and Lou, I'll be checking with the FP Hospital. Thanks!

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom