Water-Slide Video

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Padre

Larry,
Thank you very much for this video. It is a big help.

larryc

Larry

Thanks for the video. I had read your instructions but the video really helps.
How long do you let the printed decal dry before proceeding?
Some people recommend coating the decal with a clear Krylon type spray. Do you coat the decal with anything after printing it?

Larry

ribanett

Have you put decals on wood? If so is it the same process with CA as a base prior to placing decal down? Looks good. Gary

Gary,

Yes I have put decals on wooden barrels. I use a base of CA on wood because of the grain in the wood. If you apply a decal to a surface that is not dead smooth, the grain pattern will show thru the decal.

Have you received the decals I sent?

Larry

Thanks for the video. I had read your instructions but the video really helps.
How long do you let the printed decal dry before proceeding?
Some people recommend coating the decal with a clear Krylon type spray. Do you coat the decal with anything after printing it?

Larry

Larry,

Let the decals dry for at least 3 to 5 hours (depending on room temp) before coating with CA.

I use a hot-box for all my drying. About a hour and the decals are dry
Here is a link to a thread I posted about making a hot-box. Should cost about $10 to $15 to make.
http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=58870

You MUST cover ink-jet printed decals with a protective coating. The ink is water base and will run when you wet the decal. I use Krylon Clear Acrylic spray.

ctubbs

Thanks Larry, very well laid out and presented. Your video was well done with the audio not too loud or soft. Thanks for taking the time to product this tutorial.
Charles

Top Bottom