Water Main Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevej72

While my wife and I were taking the dog for a walk a few nights ago I noticed an 8 inch piece of 13 inch diameter water main pipe lying on the ground where they were installing it. She wouldn't let me take it because of what she called stealing. Anyway I went back over there yesterday and the small piece was gone but I asked if I could have this piece, it is 30 inches long and weighs 73 pounds.
200771844033_DSC00516.jpg

I thought the color would make some nice pens. The stuff is quite hard and doesn't seem to polish up very well. I finished this pen up quick because I had other stuff I wanted to get too.

200771844016_DSC00517.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Wow, loads of pen blanks there Steve!! Nice colour too. I'm glad I'm not the only one to pick up junk.[:D] You seem to have got a pretty good finish from what I can see in the photo. If you want it shinier, can you put a CA finish on it?

les-smith

I like the blue, very nice. Now you need to mill it up and sell some of the blanks on the IAP. Good looking pen and the finish looks good to as well. Very thrifty.

kghinsr

And to think I work for a water company and I never even thought to turn a pen from the pipe. Will look into the pieces that we have out back and check the thickness.
Water pipe is blue and the sewer pipe is green.
ken

rhahnfl

I saw a piece of pink colored pipe at work as well as that blue shade that I think I'll ask about. I have to agree with skiprat about picking up junk. One man's trash... Bet it would polish up good with some micromesh.

Tanner

That's pretty cool! I may have to buy a couple from you as my Dad's best friend just retired from the city water department back in my home town. That would make a great gift for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom