Washing Machine

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dave_M

OK, so how well would your finished wood pens survive a washing machine? Should it survive? Ever find out? I did. Damn! :eek:

Actually I'm surprised it wasn't any worse. A very light sanding and polish to make it good as new. It's a sterling silver baron roller ball with maple burl. Oh... new roller ball cartridge was needed as well. One of my favorite everyday pens. First time that's ever happened to me. Fortunately for my sake, no ink was found on any of the clothes.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Buzzzz4

Yep, my wife's pen went through the washer. Ebony on an Elegant Beauty. Slight cracks which she won't let me touch as she thinks it adds "character" and had to replace the ink. Otherwise no worse for the wear. (Maybe I'll sneak it away and fill the cracks with glitter or something to throw her off...that might show her some character)

AceMrFixIt

The HD I work at got a call about how to get paint out of a dryer. Seems the fellow needed to "shake" his paint and the lid popped off..... You could hear the wife in the background yelling.........

Dave_M

The HD I work at got a call about how to get paint out of a dryer. Seems the fellow needed to "shake" his paint and the lid popped off..... You could hear the wife in the background yelling.........

Wow! I'd like to meet that guy. Creative and fearless. :biggrin:

Dai Sensei

I have washed numerous pens unfortunately :rolleyes:

Nearly always the ink refill spews out ink every where. The sleeves and all internal components can usually be wiped clean with heaps of rolled up tissues.

The wax finished pens tend to be bleached slightly, but most times can be simply refinished.

The CA finished pens seem to survive the best. I have washed my pine cone Sierra favourite 4 times :redface::tongue: and is still going strong, although the ink has started to pentrate at the ends, but barely noticeable.

rjwolfe3

I've lucky so far not to wash my hand made pens but the old manufactured pens used to go through the laundry. Of course a crayon in the kids clothes is much worse.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Indeed I do!!

Obviously you must wash your own clothes! Dawn would never make that mistake!! :biggrin:

Sometime ask her about the pair of wool pants she laundered and dried (quickly, on high) for me, when we first met and she was showing her domestic skills!!

Top Bottom