Warranty? Questions about cracking....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodscavenger

I sell a few pens through a local art gallery. I sold a Statesman FP ($125) made from non-stabilized Red Mallee burl. The pen was made 6 months ago. She sold it two weeks ago, crack free to a man who was visiting here in North Carolina. He went back up to Massachussetts and the pen cracked. He mailed it back unhappy. I looked at the pen. And it would be a mountain of work to redo it.

What would you do?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ron Mc

It seems to me it would be more economical to make3 another pen out of Stabilized Red Mallee Burl and replace the pen.

DocStram

Here's my two cents worth. When you're dead and gone .... all you have to leave behind is your good name. Integrity is everything in my book. I'd suggest replacing the pen and sending a note along thanking the buyer for the opportunity to fix things.
Like I said ... just my two cents worth .. or maybe one?

mrcook4570

I've done as Wayne is suggesting a couple of times. In both cases, the customer emailed me after receiving their bonus and they were very happy.

Pipes

Just a word f advice from someone who has been in business thou not pens a LONG time send the man a new pen a nice note and the extra pen would be nice or a extra refill for his pen !! CS is the # 1 thing IMHO in any busines and life do unto others as you would have them do unto you !! all this is just IMHO nuthen more and its what we do in our business [^]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom