Warm enough to make a pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

08K.80

OK, it finally got warm enough to go out and make a pen. I got the cap prepped and ready to assemble and might have time to work on the main body tomorrow. Then I can turn it down to size.

I know this post is useless but, I am excited to be able to make another pen. :laugh: I hope this one doesn't take two weeks and I will post a picture when it's finished. This is being made with some of the blanks I got over the weekend.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

08K.80

This one is just a simple design on a simple kit. Pretty neat blank though. I like the more extravagant kits but, I decided for the cost of them, I can make more of the less ornamental kits. More practice.:wink:

pauly99

Kelly, I am in the same situation as you. Tried the heater in the garage towards December and then it just got too cold in the Chicagoland area. It is finally back to pen turning time!!!

I won't be in my shop a lot today:)

ForumRunner_20130409_094237.png

That is with this weather.

ForumRunner_20130409_094251.png

Levi Woodard
Woodardwoodworks.com

Sent from my Galaxy player using Forum Runner

Sorry. I would just have to take a closet or something in the house. I know. They don't like the dust. But she would not like me either. Separate from my shop.

I thought 25 was shorts and t-shirt weather for you folks in South Dakota.

No it is not. It was 75F 2-3 weeks ago. But where we are in SD we usually have mild winters we haven't got 2 ft of snow this winter though and we only get 3-4 normally. When we get snow usually the next day is 65F and we are having snowball fights.

Levi Woodard
Woodardwoodworks.com

jeff_in_AZ

Here in Arizona we have the opposite problem.
My workshop is in the garage and right now it's
nice but in about another month I'll really wish
I had A/C out there. :)

jeff

Last edited:

Haynie

I thought 25 was shorts and t-shirt weather for you folks in South Dakota.

No it is not. It was 75F 2-3 weeks ago. But where we are in SD we usually have mild winters we haven't got 2 ft of snow this winter though and we only get 3-4 normally. When we get snow usually the next day is 65F and we are having snowball fights.

Levi Woodard
Woodardwoodworks.com

Really? Here I thought, based on talking to folks from South Dakota, that winter there was brutal, all over the state. Maybe they were justifying their move to "sunny Arizona".

Where we live we are protected by the black hills so usually bad weather jumps the hills and will miss us.

Levi Woodard
Woodardwoodworks.com

Top Bottom