WANTED: White and Black INVISAVUE PEN BLANKS

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Does anyone have any White or Black Invisavue pen blanks that they want to sell ? I love the stuff and use it to make pens for bridal parties ... brides, bridesmaids, grooms, and groomsmen. My supply is coming to an end and this material is not available from Woodcraft any more.

If you don't have any you want to sell, then maybe you can point me to a source.

Thanks for considering.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Tony,

They don't have black or white, which are the only 2 colors I want.

In spite of what the reviews on the website say, this material is difficult. It is very prone to overheating. You have to be very careful drilling as the drill melts the material and gets stuck very easily. I drill and turn at low speed on a metal-working lathe.

It does take a nice shine and has a nice appearance. With the white and orange, you have to paint the inside of the hole.

toddlajoie

Yes, the material can be a challenge to turn, it will dull HSS tools pretty quickly, and if you rub the bevel too hard while turning, it will melt.

But like Mal said, it shines up beautifully, and feels very nice... It's a look that few other blanks come close to.

magpens

No I haven't found any yet. I am still looking. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for reviving this thread. I was thinking of reposting. Cheers.

Top Bottom