want an update on acrylic paint/resin blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

patrick_1853

A while back someone posted that they tried acrylic paint in their batch of resin blanks. I haven't seen the results yet and was just curious.

Patrick

KKingery

Patrick - That was probably me. I tried 3 different experiments. As much as I hate to say it, I was disappointed in all 3. Experiment 1 (using the copper tube as a mold), failed, as it never got hard - Probably did'nt use enough hardener in that batch. Experiment #2 (using the single mold) looked promising, but both pieces cracked while drilling them (probably used too much hardener in that batch!) Experiment # 3 (using the double wide mold) worked out pretty well, as far as hardness, drilling, turning, etc.. but I consider it failed, as the color mixture was'nt real good. I don't know if I mixed it too much, mixed it too early in the process or what, but it just did'nt thrill me when it was done. Unfortunately, it's been a bit too cold in my garage to try any more. I'll wait till it warms up a bit, and try again. In all 3 cases, I think the paint I used worked ok - I just don't think I worked the mixture correctly. I hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom