want to try a capped pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

cowchaser

I want to try doing some capped pens and am looking for suggestions. I have recently ordered the drill bits for a jr. gent II since I figured that would be somewhere down the road of pens I turn. Is this a good choice for my next pen adventure? All I have done to date is slimlines, cigars and sierras. Was looking on the csusa site and was going to order some jr. gent II kits, but I see the bushings have been out of stock forever so I doubt they will be getting them in anytime soon. Guess I could post in the classifieds and see if anyone has the bushings. Thanks for any suggestions.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

IPD_Mrs

No matter which capped pen you try, you were smart on the bits as they work for all three Jrs. (Gents, Statesman, Retro)

Barons and Sedonas are great because they are a little smaller and it makes a nice quality pen for the ladies. Not to mention that Bill at AS gives great service. The only draw back to these is the facited nib. Some people love them and others can't stand them. As with anything it is always about personal taste.

Mike & Linda

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Originally posted by maxwell_smart007
<br />Doesn't CSUSA have the accessory kit in stock - I think that includes the bushings, bits, etc...

Andrew

The accessory kit is assembled as it is ordered. I have gotten "half a kit" a couple times. They will ship the rest when it comes in, but you pay freight again, too.

cowchaser

Well, guess I'll have to decide. Maybe Santa will bring me something nice Doubt it as the little helper at my house has no clue what I am saying about this half the time. Never send a 2 year old to do a mans job. Wife usually comes out and just gives me a dazed look, so I don't even want to know what he asked for. The wife bought me some of those famous ed4copies blanks and just wanted to stick them on something different.

cowchaser

Originally posted by CrazyBear
<br />
Originally posted by cowchaser
<br /> <b>The wife bought me some of those famous ed4copies blanks and just wanted to stick them on something different.</b>

Does she know she bought you the blanks [:D][:D][:D][:D]

Sure she does. I told her my checkbook was empty (white lie) and I needed some cash.

Now, there is probably a catch. She will probably withold my 5 dollar a week allowance.

JC_UAH

CSUSA may be out again, but I got my Jr. accessory kit (drill bits and bushings) in this past Saturday (backordered for a couple of weeks). BTW, no additional shipping charges, but they did send it USPS by mistake. Also, when I contacted them about the accessory kit being on backorder, they let me append an additional lot of 10 barrel sets that were also on backorder to the same order and avoid shipping. Who could ask for anything more (except everything in stock!!)?

Jeff

ahoiberg

dustin, i think that's a good choice for your next kit. i actually think the barons, gents, etc are easier to turn than say a classic rollerball which some try before going to the pricier ones. the tenon is annoying and i just don't think they're that great of pens, so kudos for going for the gent ii. enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom