Want to make 3 pen sets

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Hello all. Here is a photo of my very first ever set of slimline pen and a mechanical pencil. Considering they are my absolute ever first attempt at turning anything, I think they came out OK, and I am very proud of them. I gave them to my Mom.
I have in mind to make 3 pen sets, with a fountain, ball and pencil. I would love to make for Christmas a set for a very close friend of mine who is a Catholic Priest, and his brother who is a Doctor. I know there are clips with a Cross and with the 2 entwined serpents that make the Medical symbol. My question is if it is possible to get those clips for the different sizes needed to make the 3 pen set I want. I am new at this and still a bit confused when browsing the pen suppliers pages, so any advise or pointing me in the right direction, will be greatly appreciated. Even better, if there is a supplier here who could sell me what I need to do that, by all means please say so!

Thank you all

Attachments

• Pens 001.jpg
    Pens 001.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 225
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

qballizhere

To my knowledge there is no set that you are looking for. The closest thing is the new series style from bereahardwoods there is a little difference from the ballpoint center band to the roller ball and the fountain. It does not have a pencil. That is one thing I have kept an eye out for is a set like that.

Whaler

You can convert most all parker style ballpoint pens to a pencil with this Schmidt converter.
It isn't a simple drop in change but is not difficult to do.
The converter is available from www.thegoldennib.com

Attachments

• dsm2006_pencil.jpg
    dsm2006_pencil.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 98

Fibonacci

You can convert most all parker style ballpoint pens to a pencil with this Schmidt converter.

I would second this approach. I was hesitant to do so, but I got a specific request for one.

It turned out to be really easy. 45 seconds, a pair of dike, and a piece of sandpaper.

jtrusselle

Hello Ulises,

Welcome to pen turning! Your first pens look very nice and I'm sure your Mom loves them especially since they are made by you. Hut Products has many theme clips that may match your need. I know that Hut has religous and medical clips for the ball point pen and pencil in Euro style but I don't see the variety of clips they offer on their web site. Sign up for the Hut catalog which offers a large variety of clip options. The Hut web site catalog sign up site address is: https://www.hutproducts.com/inforequest.asp. Might be good to contact them directly with your inquiry.

Happy turnings!
Jim

Thank you Jim for your kind and encouraging words.
That is a good site. Just asked them my inquiry.

Whaler and Fibonacci. The ball and pencil are not the problem. I think the problem is to find the same clips and bands for ball, pencil and fountain, especially those special clips (cross and caduceus)

(Maybe I am showing off my "noobiness" here?) :redface:

Last edited:

GoatRider

I would second this approach. I was hesitant to do so, but I got a specific request for one.

It turned out to be really easy. 45 seconds, a pair of dike, and a piece of sandpaper.

It's not obvious to me how to do this. I bought one of the schmidt converters, and a straight drop-in doesn't work. Can you give me a hint?

I'd like to put it in an 8mm Euro-style pen.

Top Bottom