Want to add some weight.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I just like a heavier pen. New to this and honestly still gathering all of the things I need. Had No Idea! I am only thinking one or two grams. I am sure I am not the first to want this. Any ideas other than using a bigger pen?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
The m3 metal and Tru -stone blanks would work. Several vendors carry those blanks.
So would making one out of solid brass or copper. Also Damascus steel blanks.
Heres a couple to start with

Exotic Blanks. also Pen Blanks

gbpens

Pen weight is determined by the length, thickness, type of material and amount of metal used in the design/construction of the piece. The higher the density of the material the more it weighs. Synthetic stone, known as Tru-stone or gem stone is a good choice. Kits such as the Victorian by PennState are very heavy. Thick kits such as the cigar are fairly heavy. Two part pens tend to have the wight in the top.

designer

What about adding lead wire or sheet internally to add weight. Check rod building suppliers and fly tying supplies. All sorts of materials available to add wight.

heavy pens

I just like a heavier pen. New to this and honestly still gathering all of the things I need. Had No Idea! I am only thinking one or two grams. I am sure I am not the first to want this. Any ideas other than using a bigger pen?[/quote

The heavy pen is easyer to write with. Corian will work.
A person that uses a lite pen all day has to press harder to get it to work properly and that's why hands hurt at the end of the day . That why they like gel pens and rollerballs.

WriteON

The Victorian from PSI. I need a back brace to pick it up.
The Montague. I just bought a hoist.

Last edited:
Top Bottom