Wall Street Question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

keithlong

I did manage to get the transmision and refill out of the top of my wall street pen, I just turned down a piece of 1/2 birch dowel to fit inside the tube, then i drilled a 7mm hole in it about an inch deep and pushed the dowel in the tube against the transmission and gently twisted it so that the tranny threaded itself in the dowel and pulled it out and out came the tranny with the refill.

My question is what size and thread count are the threads on the wall stree tranny, i have a friend that said he would make me a tool similiar to the dowel that i used, if i can find out what thread count and size it is.

Thanks, Keith

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leestoresund

Seems to me if your friend can make one the simplest thing to do is take one to him and let him use it as a sample.Just a thought.

Lee Storesund

JimMc7

For the price of the cheapest Sierra kit ($5-6?), I used nib threads from a kit and epoxied to a dowel. Seems to work ok.

Attachments

• IMG_6852.JPG
    IMG_6852.JPG
    99.7 KB · Views: 110

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Here is a simple solution, pictured are the copper wall street with transmission and the front section of a Navigator/Baron the second picture shows the transmission from the W/S switched with Navigator/Sedona nib pieces. If you press the plastic piece into a 10mm tube, either from the Navigator kit or a cigar tube, it will fit right up inside the tube of the wall street. It may cost you the price of a Navigator/Sedona kit if you dont have the spare pieces laying around.

Attachments

• sierra1.JPG
    sierra1.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 107
  • sierra2.JPG
    sierra2.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:

emccarthy

Here's an idea I got from another member here(sorry, I don't remember who you are) - Shorten the barrel to about 2.060". This prevents the transmission from having anywhere to go and its' an inexpensive fix.

bitshird

For the price of the cheapest Sierra kit ($5-6?), I used nib threads from a kit and epoxied to a dowel. Seems to work ok.

That's the best tool, then use just a small drop of blue locktite, or even elmers glue to stop it from unscrewing again, you can still get it loose just requires a bit more effort. I love that pen but quit making them for the very reason they come back too much.. also try the Dayacom Elegant beauty a tiny bit smaller, but way better transmission system and they really are beautiful one piece pens.

Top Bottom