Wall Street II stylus replacement???

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alinc100

Hi All,
My Brother-in-Law brought me a WS II stylus pen I had made him over the summer.The stylus nib has been torn completely off.To repair his pen and get it back in his hands I just replaced the entire top of the pen.This would prove to be a very costly repair as I had to use the top from a new $10 kit.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to possibly repair/replace just the rubber?
Also what type of fabric/rubber is needed and where could one purchase such a thing?
Pic is of the completed pen last summer,I can photo the damaged end if need be.
View attachment 84905
Thanks!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I have seen several manufacturers' versions of the stylus pens. I have also ordered and have in my hand several versions of replacement stylus ends. So far as I can tell, there is not ONE replacement stylus that would work on any pen other than the one it was made for.

The 7mm gives more opportunity to make it work, but the sierra style are, as close as I can figure, specific to ONE design.

But, you are all welcome to prove me wrong!
Ed

gbpens

There is a stylus replacement tip available from CSUSA ($2-$3) for their stylus kit which is 7mm. It screws in so it can be used on a pen such as the Elegant American style (8mm) from Berea Hardwoods. I suspect it would also screw into a 7mm European and perhaps a Streamline American rollerball or fountain pen because it has the same threads as the finial.

rossvh

Me too.

I've done the same thing and complained to Woodcraft that it made no sense to offer a stylus pen that was not replaceable. I received a note from their production manager that they agreed and were going to begin making replacements. Doesn't help right now but but at least Woodcraft was responsive. I have used replacement stylus tips on other pens but not the Wall Street II pens. Hopefully they will come through as promised.

alinc100

In an effort to help answer my own question,I ordered the Mesa stylus tips from Woodturningz.
Today I disassembled the offending tip in the WS II and replaced the stylus with the new arrival.
It does work,seems to be a softer,more pliable tip and is a bit larger.
It may be incorrectly installed,there is not alot to see/fit when assembling or could be bigger than the OEM stylus tip.
I was not going to disassemble a kit to find out.

Pictured below is the original OEM WSII on the left and The Mesa stylus tip on the right.

Ed at Exotic Blanks has Sierra replacement tips,soon to be a stock item ,and I will try one of those with my next order from Exotic Blanks and report my findings.

IMAG0060 (Medium).jpg

Top Bottom