Wall Street II question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

pshib

Has anyone else had the section the nib and the decorative ring come loose on a wall street II. I've had several that have this issue. And is there a wT to fix tons besides replacing the hardware.

shortz1lla

If you're talking about what I think you are, you would have to wait until each fails and reassemble using CA or another adhesive, or... knowing they are faulty, pop them apart before they fail and perform said fix. I have had two Berea Sierras separate on me, both were in my possession, the black enamel section came off of the coupling/decorative ring. I put medium CA on them and neither has failed since. Side note, I've never had a finial twist version do this... which is the main reason I compiled the list I posted a few days ago.

pshib

Sorry for the confusion, I was at work and typing a little too fast on my ipad. The section between the nib and the decorative ring. So I should just replace the hardware?

Leviblue

Local Chapter Leader
I think youre refering to the metal sleeve above the nib. The metal sleeve has come free and spins on a few I've done. I took a punch the same size as the inside diameter and removed the nib end. The sleeve can be secured with your favorite adhesive, ie...CA, epoxy or lock tight blue. Press the nib back on and let adhesive cure. Be careful with CA as the off gas may discolor the metal with a white film.

Hope this helped.

Top Bottom