Wall Street II and Gatsby Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Marc Phillips

I just made one of each.... I can see tiny little differences in the pens, but a MAJOR difference in the quality of the click mechanisms... or at least they sure do feel different.

The Gatsby actually feels like a decent click mechanism... the Wall Street feels like the typical clunky click mechanism.

The Wall Street is on the left, Gatsby on the right...

Was it just me, or a fluke?

.... or is there a real difference in the quality of the kits, specifically the click mechanism?

Attachments

• DymondwoodWallstreetPen.JPG
    DymondwoodWallstreetPen.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 219
  • DymondwoodGatsby.jpg
    DymondwoodGatsby.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 211
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sptfr43

I have made 2 wall street clickers. the first felt extremely cheap and I was unimpressed. The second was not as bad though so maybe there is a quality control issue there. haven't made a gatsby ( yet )

keithlong

I have made a total of 5 of the wall street II's click pens, and they all were fine. One was for my wife, she uses it every day at work. She loves it. I have made some of the new Monets, but not any click ones.

IPD_Mrs

Haven't made either - but in the photo the pen on the right has a thicker looking click mechanism. To me it isn't as attractive and appears clunky.

Mrs.

bgibb42

I really like the Sierra (Wall Street II) pens. But, when assembled per the instructions, they aren't as reliable as they should be and they feel rough. The solution, in my opinion, is to shorten the brass tube enough to get rid of that ridiculous metal extension that's included in the bag of components. This provides a MUCH smoother click and you don't have to keep up with any loose parts when changing refills.

Both pens look great, by the way!

Top Bottom