Wall Street II click help

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

WIDirt

Hi all,

My kids showed from Kuwait and AZ, so I decided to turn each of them a Wall Street II click. One of them went great, (the second one, of course). The other, well, not so much so.....

Here is what happened, or at least what I think happened. When pressing the finial/clip/click end in place, I think I pressed to hard. The click jams and you have to play with it to get it to unclick. When I checked the two pieces side by side, out of the pen, it appears that I may have pressed the button level with the end of the finial area, where the other, unpressed, button appears to flow with the curve of the finial at its lowest point.

So, can I dismantle the finial/clip/click and reassemble it, or is there a way to repress the internals back out that 1/16" without damaging the parts, or should I just say to heck with it and buy another kit.

A friend told me to return it as a manufacturing error, but I am sure I did the damage, so my conscience won't let me!

Thanks for any advice here.

Todd
cdirto

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Super Dave

Todd, make sure the ink refill is not getting stuck in the nib opening. I have had that happen before.A small drill to clean that out might work.

Dave

WIDirt

Super Dave, I stuck the refill in the cap, no body, no nib, just my hand holding the spring to test it. It definitely sticks in the cap.

hunter, I am quite sure I over pressed it. The other pen, when the button is fully depressed, has the same curve as the rest of the finial end. This one, the button top is even with the edges of the hole it sits in. No nice curve like the other.

These are the reasons I want to know if I can disassemble the cap/finial end and rebuild it.

I can't locate just that part of the pen to buy, so I am going to go to WC tomorrow and buy a new kit. Then, I will play with this one and see what happens. Oh, well. Live and learn from our mistakes!

I won't give up!

Todd

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Super Dave, I stuck the refill in the cap, no body, no nib, just my hand holding the spring to test it. It definitely sticks in the cap.

hunter, I am quite sure I over pressed it. The other pen, when the button is fully depressed, has the same curve as the rest of the finial end. This one, the button top is even with the edges of the hole it sits in. No nice curve like the other.

These are the reasons I want to know if I can disassemble the cap/finial end and rebuild it.

I can't locate just that part of the pen to buy, so I am going to go to WC tomorrow and buy a new kit. Then, I will play with this one and see what happens. Oh, well. Live and learn from our mistakes!

I won't give up!

Todd

I own several damaged pieces just like that. If I have a trademark, it might be damaged clicker tops. :eek: The only part I have found that will repair it is a new kit. :mad:

Top Bottom