Wall Street II

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good afternoon all,

We are having issues with our Wall Street II mechanism. The pin tip moves around while writing and if you shake the pen the refill rattles.

This is typical with the last 4 pens we have asembled and is the same regardless of plating options.

Has anyone experienced this loose movement?

Are the Serria (sp?)pen kits better quality? If so, I'll have to order some.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Bob

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

arioux

Hi,

I think this problem is the same that we have once in a while with the Atlas, Patriot etc...

Take out the spring, extend it a little more by pulling on both end. this should put more pressure on the refill tip and prevent it from wobbling around and make this noise.

Others might have other explanation or solution.

Hope this help.

Alfred

Fred

I have not built out the Wall Street kits, but I am wondering if it uses the spring on top of the refill like many other kits do??? If it does, Then maybe your banks are a tad bit to long for the refill. You could always try a spring from a 'clicker' pen to see if it is helpful! just my thoughts/ Good luck! [:D]

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
I tend to do like arioux recommends with the additional bit that I put a slight bend into the spring so it shoves the refill to one side. That helps prevent the side to side rattle of the tip.

GK
ps Fred, the spring is on the tip like on the cigar.

Randy_

Originally posted by cherokeeturner
<br />.....Are the Serria (sp?)pen kits better quality? If so, I'll have to order some.....

The Sierra and the Wallstreet II kits are the same. Woodcraft simply has renamed the kit. There should be no difference in the quality of the kits save the fact that you can get a few more plating options from Berea/AS.

Thank you all for your comments. I adjusted the spring which helped quite a bit.

I will attach photo of one of my wife's Wall Street II pens as soon as I learn how to reduce the file size. She is learning to do CA finishing early in her new hobby thanks to Russ and everyone on this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom