wall street 3 circuit board goof up, help?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

simpleman

I have only made about 20 pens so far. I went to Woodcraft for the first time. Great people! I saw a wall street 3 circuit board pen that I wanted to make. I bought a kit and the bushings. The problem I did not realize until I BUILT the pen was that the bushings were for the Wall street 2!! I assembled the pen hoping for the best:frown:. I was wrong. The pen is obviously off by that little bit. I might be new but I know it does not feel right. My question is: can I dissassemble it and but a new kit and bushings and switch out the blanks? Also where is the chart that shows what bushings are interchangable? Thanks in advance.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Welcome to IAP!!!

Yes, you can disassemble it. And yes it will fit the Wall Street II.

As you already know, there are also bushings made for the wall street III (or sierra vista) that should be used for the circuit board pen kits.

Russianwolf

you did good if you got it down to Wallstreet II size without damaging it. pop the finial off, buy a wallstreet II/Sierra and reassemble. Shouldn't be an issue at all.

darcisowers

This happened to me too! Thankfully I had a similar WS2 kit in my collection. I think these kits need to be sold with a card in BIG RED LETTERS saying, NOT a WallStreet2 - CHECK YOUR BUSHINGS.

So now I have a WS3 kit in my bin, with extra writing on the label so I don't goof again.

:biggrin:
Darci

simpleman

Thanks. I don't know if I did that good of a job. Most of my pens come out with an oval type shape (higher in the middle). I like that better anyways it shows more details when wood is involved.

simpleman

I voted for you. Thanks again. One question: what order is that list in? By bushing size? Style?

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
This happened to me too! Thankfully I had a similar WS2 kit in my collection. I think these kits need to be sold with a card in BIG RED LETTERS saying, NOT a WallStreet2 - CHECK YOUR BUSHINGS.

It would be much easier if they called it a Wall Street 2 and Wall Street 3
but they don't.

It's a Wall St II and Wall St III

if you don't bring your magnifying glasses into the store.. :eek:

Back to Simpleman .. See if someone will re-cast the blank for you. If
someone has a ResinSaver mold, they can put the blank in it, fill with
clear resin and you can start over. No wasted blank.

simpleman

I'm going to replace the finial on the one I made with a #2 (II) and try to make another #3 (III) with the left overs from the second one. I'll give it a "loose" dry fit in the store if they let me. No sense in ruining two pens... If I learned from all my mistakes I would be the president of MENSA by now.

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Well atleast I'm not the only one who screwed up. I used calipers as well, but was measuring one of my Elegant Sierra's for final size. I went back to Woodcraft a couple of days later, and the guy insisted there was no difference in bushing sizes.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I voted for you. Thanks again. One question: what order is that list in? By bushing size? Style?

It's not me, it's Wayne (wracinowski).

I have tried to make a sheet like that several times and gave up. Wayne has spent tens of hours on it--he deserves credit for it. Thanks for the vote!!

IMO!!

Crashmph

I make circuit board wall street 2 pens all the time. Never been that big a fan of the fatter "plain" wall street 3 components anyway.

Top Bottom