Wall-Mounted Pen Displays?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MattTheHat

I'm looking for some way to display some of my favorite pens in my home office and at my err, well, my office office. Maybe 100 or so in each location.

I've got several pen chests and other means of *storage*, but not really anything to *display* the pens, save for the top row of the pen chest which sits on the corner of my desk (and I'd really like to have that real estate back).

Have any of you fine folks seen commercially-made, wall-mounted wooden pen display cases? Hopefully something of decent quality, and if getting pens in and out of the display were fairly easy, all the better. I guess I could design and build my own, but the problem is, I'm certainly no cabinet maker. Plus, I'd rather be making pens.

Any ideas?

-Matt

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I'm looking for some way to display some of my favorite pens in my home office and at my err, well, my office office. Maybe 100 or so in each location.

I've got several pen chests and other means of *storage*, but not really anything to *display* the pens, save for the top row of the pen chest which sits on the corner of my desk (and I'd really like to have that real estate back).

Have any of you fine folks seen commercially-made, wall-mounted wooden pen display cases? Hopefully something of decent quality, and if getting pens in and out of the display were fairly easy, all the better. I guess I could design and build my own, but the problem is, I'm certainly no cabinet maker. Plus, I'd rather be making pens.

Any ideas?

-Matt
They are probably available but might take some digging to find one that suits at a price you'd not mind paying. You might have to take something and modify it for pens. I ended up making my own....

MattTheHat

I checked there already but didn't really anything close to what I was looking for. I did get a couple of ideas for making my own, though. The fan-shaped Sheaffer's counter display is sweet.

Last edited:
I took a 2 hr class on turning pens and on completion we each got a certificate of completion. I picked up a deep pic. frame.Like the use for making 3D cutout pic's.
I glued my first 2 pens and the certificate in it and it still hangs on my wall. That was my first time I ever touched a lathe. If you want to be able to remove your pens, or change them , you will need something with doors.

wood-of-1kind

How about a microwave bacon rack?:biggrin:

Hey, I "resemble" that remark. Just kidding.:wink: I would make my own and I probably have done so amongst the 50 or so pen storage cases that I have. Will go through my inventory and post a few pics, if I think that they are worth showing.

Here's one style that you can mount and display from a wall. Will look for other styles that may be of interest.

P1010001.JPG

MattTheHat

Thanks, Peter, that's the sort of thing I had in mind. Course, I had it pictured oriented horizontally and considerably larger so it would hold a dozen or so.

Latheturner posted a link to Lanierpens.com. They've got some really nice multiple pen stands. Really nice. And then they throw in a bit of a slap in the face: "Please allow 5 days for construction." Geeze, five days for something THAT pretty? It'd take me a month and it wouldn't look nearly as nice!

Thanks for the ideas, folks.

-Matt

Top Bottom