Virtuoso?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gtriever

A search pulls up only one entry for the Virtuoso pen kit. Does anybody have experience with these kits? I made my first one today (at least I tried to), and would like to find out if anybody else has had issues, or if I'm just a dummy when it comes to this kit.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

greenacres2

Woodturningz lists it as an "exclusive", but it looks like a clone of the PSI Cosmopolitan https://www.exoticblanks.com/Cosmospolitan-Twist-Pen-Kit-Chrome.html . I've been tempted to try the PSI version, but have wondered how the clip would hold up to pressing in. As to assembly, it looks similar to the Sierra and others--clip assembly presses to a fixed position that the rest of the components fit into.
earl

magpens

I have made the Cosmopolitan and like it.

There is no problem with the clip re: pressing in.

I like this kit because of the length of the barrel. . You can even make the barrel longer by up to about half an inch (guessing) because of the length of the parts.

gtriever

I have made the Cosmopolitan and like it.

There is no problem with the clip re: pressing in.

I like this kit because of the length of the barrel. . You can even make the barrel longer by up to about half an inch (guessing) because of the length of the parts.

Maybe I have a balky kit. I have an extra so I can try again. So far on the first one: the tube appears to be a bit long (refill doesn't want to fully extend), an Easyflow 9000M refill doesn't want to fit in the transmission assembly without removing the label, and the transmission has a bad habit of wanting to unscrew when you twist the pen.

I'll try another kit before I write them off, because I like the style and the weight.

magpens

Art ...

Check in again after you make the next one. . I would like to know how you make out.

I can understand that the label on the Easyflow refill would affect the fit ... I don't like them for that reason ... happens on some other kits too.

gtriever

A new day and another look at this pen, and we have the issues resolved. As it turns out, it was indeed a balky kit. A few touches with a reamer and a needle file to remove some very tiny burrs cleared it right up. Now everything works as it should, and an Easyflow 9000 refill does work with it as well.

turncrazy43

I have made some of the virtuoso kits. They are easy to make and there were no problems with the clip. The only draw back, if it is one, is that it is a hefty large pen. If you don't mind the size it is OK.
Turncrazy43

magpens

Good to hear this ... thanks for posting.

A new day and another look at this pen, and we have the issues resolved. As it turns out, it was indeed a balky kit. A few touches with a reamer and a needle file to remove some very tiny burrs cleared it right up. Now everything works as it should, and an Easyflow 9000 refill does work with it as well.

greenacres2

Good to hear this ... thanks for posting.

Amen. And...thanks for the info on the Cosmopolitan Mal.
earl

Top Bottom