Victorian pen issues

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Airbear77

I have done 4 victorian pens and all of them have the same problem. It seems something is pinching the refill and not allowing the tip of the refill to retract into the pen. If I unscrew the tip of the kit a little bit, it will retract like it should. Is anyone else having this problem?

plantman

I have done 4 victorian pens and all of them have the same problem. It seems something is pinching the refill and not allowing the tip of the refill to retract into the pen. If I unscrew the tip of the kit a little bit, it will retract like it should. Is anyone else having this problem?

I have not worked with this pen kit, but have had this problem in the past on others. The tapered tip may be a little tight when the refill is extended. Slide the refill into the nib point from the front and see if it binds. You can also try shortening your spring a little. One of these should work. Jim S

Last edited:

plano_harry

Only made one Victorian - no problems. The refill will extend .6 inches out the tip with no spring, if that helps you determine an internal machining issue.

Top Bottom