Victorian fit issue

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jheengr

I had turned and assembled 3 or 4 Victorian pens previously without any issues, but the last 4 kits I bought had a very loose fit. I noticed a delta when putting the blanks on the lathe, and when assembling I could EASILY assemble by hand and disassemble very easily. Obviously glue solves it, but shouldn't need that. Anyone else have that problem? First pen kits of any kind I've ever run into that.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

edstreet

This is a well known and somewhat common problem with these new kits. The company is well aware of the problem as well.

As to the cause that is a few things. The earlier pewter was made entirely from pewter which means the tolerance is all over the board so some would fit good while others would be super loose and others not fit at all. On this I can only say try another kit to see if its the pressed in parts or the tube itself. The tube itself is also a known problem area. The tubes are extruded to a set size.

ironman123

I was about to buy some of those new PSI kits but I will wait a while. Maybe the manufacturer will eventually fix the issues.

I have a sculpted pen to make and have the kit so I guess I will know what to expect from it.

Ray

TonyL

Many have responded by stating that they have not had an issue. Maybe check-out he reviews on PSI(?).

Top Bottom