Are Vey Light Or Almost White Pens Good Sellers?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

William Young

I just finished putting the WB laquer finish on this aspen pen last night and assembled it this morning. The pen is nothing special in design at all. It was just another test pen for getting my finish more perfected. But as soon as I brought it in the house my wife claimed it as her own. I prefer nice dark bold wood grains myself but if this is any indication of the way that women look at pens, maybe I should try a couple more.

BTW.
the two reflection lines in the finish are from my dual tube flourescent lights in my shop. That finish is just as it is after being applied. No wax, no other top coats. I dont have any sort of buffing wheels with buffing compounds but I am thinking of getting a small setup of some sort. I find white woods are harder to get an outstanding finish appearance on than dark woods as is evidenced by the walnut band on this pen.
W.Y.

66243767.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tipusnr

I like the pen a lot. Don't know about the sales attraction of white (or very light) woods but maple sells well. Wouldn't hurt to have a couple in the collection as you never know what the customer wants (Half of the time they don't even know!).

bnosie

I used the black wet/dry silicon carbide paper when I first started, and that left dark smudges on the lighter colored pens. Switching to aluminum oxide paper and micro mesh solved that problem.

Scott

Kim - I laughed so hard, but it's all true! Thank you! ;-)

Bill - I think your pen is fantastic! It looks like Ivory! I would think it would sell well.

Scott.

C_Ludwigsen

Kim, I haven't laughed so hard from a woodturning-related post in a looong time. And everything you said sounds SPOT-ON accurate. I'm going to have my wife read it and let you know her response.

Thanks for the smile and fabulous tips for selling my exotic, gold-tinted, bracelet matching, but non-conspicuous pens to the fine discerning ladies. And my harder-than-teak, precision drilled, nasa-engineered ink, hand-crafted writing tools to men!!

Take good care!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom