Very weird problem

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

aggromere

My camera is without batteries so no pictures. It is a double closed end pen with no centeband. Based on a El Presidente kit.

Lower tube, threaded coupler inserted no problem Nib and refill go on no problem.

Upper tube the threaded insert is in and held in place with a tiny bit of epoxy. Full length upper tube no clearance problems. no glue on threads.

Before screwing the nib into the threaded coupler the pen goes to gether just fine and smooth. When i screw the nib into the nib threaded coupler the pen binds when screwing the barrels together. I can back the nib out a 1/2 turn and it goes together fine. Take the nib out of the threaded coupler and the pen goes together fine.

The top barrel or cap goes onto another similar pen no problem. The bottom barrel goes into the cap of yet another pen with no problem. I have used 5 different nibs screwed into the coupler and any that are screwed all the way end - the pen binds. Back them out 1/2 turn and it works fine.

Never had a problem like these. Before I take it apart was wondering if anyone else ever had an issue like this.

GoodTurns

check the coupler for a hairline crack. when the nib is out, no pressure on crack, everything works fine, when the nib bits are screwed in, pressure on the coupler opens the crack just enough to bind but not be obvious......maybe?

Top Bottom