Very very interesting... MMMMMM

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
IS it just me or does this look like the Baron that Bill is selling...
web5300big.jpg

It is being sold by Woodcrafter http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?DeptID=1015&FamilyID=5300

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
With the exception of the spring-loaded clip, they look identical. Of course, Berea supplies them both, so we shouldn't be surprised. And Arizona Silhouette's is $3.24 cheaper. And the Baron comes in a wide variety of finishes!

Gary

Originally posted by DCBluesman
<br />With the exception of the spring-loaded clip, they look identical. Of course, Berea supplies them both, so we shouldn't be surprised. And Arizona Silhouette's is $3.24 cheaper. And the Baron comes in a wide variety of finishes!

Just about anything that Woodcraft sells can be bought somewhere else for less. I recently bought a Crown Tools scraper for $45. Woodcraft sells it for $60...same tool, same manufacturer.

opfoto

I also spend less than I used to at Woodcraft. Now HF is in the area, good for some things. I now go to Ryan instead of PSI for some things. Bottom line for me is, If it is the same stuff from the same mfr why not spend a little less of my money. I like to hear the change jingle in my pocket too. Thanks

Gary

I'm not knocking Woodcraft...I buy from them all the time. I just shop and find out if they are competitive or not. One of the reason their prices are higher is their Return Policy. Where else can you return something for up to a year with no questions asked?

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
I feel very furtunate to have a great Woodcraft only 20 minutes away. The manager is first rate, the rest of the employees are very knowledgeable and helpful, plus they have a great Woodworker's Club. It's just changed owners so I'm crossing my fingers that the new folks will keep the same service and attention to detail.

Gary

Originally posted by DCBluesman
<br />I feel very furtunate to have a great Woodcraft only 20 minutes away. The manager is first rate, the rest of the employees are very knowledgeable and helpful, plus they have a great Woodworker's Club. It's just changed owners so I'm crossing my fingers that the new folks will keep the same service and attention to detail.

And then there is all the classes they offer. I have two scheduled to take this month.

melogic

I agree with the price difference with Woodcraft, but I also agree with the other statements. I can always depend on Woodcraft coming through for me when no-one else will. I am taking a class on bowl turning this coming Saturday at Woodcraft in Parkersburg, WVa. I took a pen turning class last February at Woodcraft in Richmond, Va. and that's how I got addicted. I also visit the Woodcraft in Hilliard, OH. I have had very good luck and support at all of them. They also send their technical support people that answer the phones, to all of their classes so they are better informed to help when we call them for a question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom