vertex pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

cctuba

I have just finished 4 vertex pens. 2 of the 4 had a bad click mechanisms. Each of them worked but only some of the time. Is this the norm for this pen? Is there some other mechanism that can be substituted? Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gawdelpus

Passed Away May 11, 2015
In Memoriam
Not sure on these, I just made my first one ,and I noticed the click mechanism stays in when pushed, then the next push releases and retracts the refill as normal. May be the design as it seems to be reliable enough . Others may have more info on this as they are fairly new as kits go .
Cheers ~ John :confused:

TexasSteel

I have made several and knock wood haven't had any problems. The click mech is so smooth that I thought the first few were not working properly. But all are good ..... no returns on sold one either.

Mark

My very first Vertex pen came with a jammed mech. I tore it apart and replaced it with an old parker mech. I had sitting around. I've made 12 others and none have had a problem with the click mech. It is very quite and very smooth. I've sold 3 and "no reported problems" so far. :biggrin:

cctuba

found the problem

Thanks for the feedback. I took apart both bad mechanisms and found the issue. There is a small cam-like piece in the inside of the mechanism. In both cases there were burrs of plastic left from the casting. A little trimming and reassembly and they are both ok now. Looks like if it works the first time (try all orientations of the pen) then it will continue. If it skips a few times take it apart and trim the cam.

Top Bottom