Vertex Kit from PSI

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Stephen

My search only shows this kit as a click pen. I have never tried click kits as I am not sure of their reliability. Has anyone tried this kit? Any feedback appreciated.
Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mark

It is a very smooth and quite click mechanism. They are fairly popular. I've only made about 12 and sold all but one. Men and women alike seem to like it. I've not used one on a daily basis, but one of my co-workers does and it's going on 8 months now.

I did receive one that was broken out of the box. I simply replaced the mechanism with an old Parker pen I had for parts.

Pens By Scott

I've made several of these, so far no returns. The click is very smooth, to the point you don't really feel the click. I have had a couple that have stuck, due to my first few attempts to assemble (newbie here). The few that did have issues, not being able to move in and out, due to my error (left pen refill in as I pressed, don't ask why), I was able to correct using the pen disassembler tools (popped the click mechanism back into alignment)

Over all, I like the kit, and the clicker mechanism is good.

Stephen

Vertex Pen Kit.

A big Thank You to all. I am sold to my first click pen kit. I will go for the both the chrome and satin finish.
Thanks again.
Stephen

DurocShark

I've always thought that the Vertex should come in blued steel and flat black. Bright platings just seem wrong for some reason.

Stephen

I've always thought that the Vertex should come in blued steel and flat black. Bright platings just seem wrong for some reason.

Don, I agree with you but the kit manufactuters decide for us!!! If only they view our comments. Marketing strategy is at a low level with these people as they have a monopoly- how long I wonder?

aggromere

I think it is a well made kit. I bought some black carbon fiber blanks here on the forums and use those with the gun metal plating. It makes a nice pen.

Shannon

You may also want to try the Guardian. Not my favorite looking pen, but my favorite to use on a daily basis.

s

Pastors Pen

I've made several of these, so far no returns. The click is very smooth, to the point you don't really feel the click. I have had a couple that have stuck, due to my first few attempts to assemble (newbie here). The few that did have issues, not being able to move in and out, due to my error (left pen refill in as I pressed, don't ask why), I was able to correct using the pen disassembler tools (popped the click mechanism back into alignment)

Over all, I like the kit, and the clicker mechanism is good.

Could you send me a PM with a little more detail on how to disassemble the Vertex and realign the mechanism? I have assembled 5 now, but the first one doesn't always "click" the pen point out.

Thanks

Top Bottom