Vertex click disassembly?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

patmurris

I need to take apart a Vertex click pen but i fear to ruin the click assembly which is made of plastic.

I have one of those disassembly kit with plenty of rods to chose from and gave it a soft try to see if it would go easily, but i'll need to bang the thing hard to push the top part out. I believe the rod acts on the click plastic part which will likely break under the effort?

Any idea or advice? :confused:

Thanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ToddMR

You might try a smaller tube if you have one that would push up against the edges of the metal of the click end of the pen, then use the punch tool against it. The other option would be a wood dowel drilled so the click plastic goes inside the dowel and hits against the metal edge. That is my idea anyhow on how you might be able to do it.

patmurris

I forgot to mention i don't have a bare Vertex kit so that i can have a look at the top part to see how it fits in the tube... If someone could post a picture of that part i may be able to devise an appropriate way to deal with the situation. Thanks.

I would guess that you will ruin the plastic click mech no matter what you do. If you have extra tubes and you do not want the blank anymore, I would cut the blank close to the fitting and peel the brass from the fittings. I tried it with a long clicker and ended up throwing the whole thing away. Plastic and hammers don't mix well.

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Think outside the box! Tape up the click/clip assembly and insert it in a collet chuck of the appropriate size. Wiggle, pull, wiggle, pull, ad infinitum until it comes loose.

The hammer trick doesn't work. I don't know if this one will but that's what I'll be trying the next time I have to dismantle a Vertex!

HTH. Good Luck!

This may sound like a wise cracker answer, but do your self a favor, make your customer a two part magnetic model and toss this one out. I have not had one Vertex click that has NOT needed service. I used to ask, no beg, the requester to not ask for that model. i dont even keep it in my selection anymore.

Top Bottom