Vertex click

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wood-of-1kind

"Click" mechansism can be either good or only so-so. I can't solve the mystery to this otherwise good looking pen. It's either very "smooth" and on another it does not engage at all times.

renowb

"Click" mechansism can be either good or only so-so. I can't solve the mystery to this otherwise good looking pen. It's either very "smooth" and on another it does not engage at all times.

I agree. It is either one with no problems or one with a lot of problems. Mostly like mentioned, the click mechanism. It seems they work for me but then I hear back from a customer saying the clicker is messed up, go figure. One said the threaded plastic piece sheared off. Maybe they tried to twist it or something...

warreng8170

To me it's the smoothest click by far. The problem I've had is the plastic threaded plunger has broken off twice. The problem is that it's hollow. The last one I made I used a round toothpick and saturated it with CA. It seems to be holding up well. They really should change that design to be a solid plunger.

BSea

I've only made 2. Both worked very smoothly. But the finish was a little rough with some small pitting in the finish. I only bought the chrome version. I don't like them as well as the clicker (sometimes called long clicker).

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I have sold a few ±10. One was returned for the plunger being broken. I'm of the opinion it most probably was unscrewing on it's own and in frustration the owner tightened it until it broke.

I now use a small drop of threadlock on the plunger to prevent it from unscrewing on it's own!

None have come back since doing that.

gwilki

Tks, guys. I have a guy who wants a dozen clicks, and while I've had good luck with the reliability of the Sierra click, I really don't like its looks.

wouldentu2?

I purchased 5 and had the plunger mechanism break off because it fell on the floor, the plunger is hollow and the end piece is heavy metal that overwhelm the plastic during sudden stoppage.

Had 2 others no matter what I did would not assemble correctly.

Have had several Berea clicks that also broke at the same spot when dropped on the floor.

gwilki

Tks for the kind offer, Mack. :) I wouldn't be doing you any favours, though. He is a friend, so the only money that changes hands is the actual cost of the kits. What are friends for, right?

Tks for your input, Dave. Your comments seems to show a common problem with this model.

Brooks803

I've made 3 vertex clicks...all failed either immediately or after a few days of light use. To me the best click kit is the Long clicker on CSUSA or LauLau. It's a bit long, but I haven't had any issues with the click mech failing.

allisnut

I've had good results with the Vertex pens. I've used a couple of them for a few months now with no issues, other than the ones I damaged taking them apart.

DSCN1422.jpg

DSCN1362.jpg

DSCN1428.jpg

MikeMcL

Great experiences here,

I have had no negative experiences with this pen. i have made many of them without complaints, and i prefer to carry it as my personal daily writer, as well.

Check out the new compson as well, it is really nice and the mechanism is great.

I have seen that several people dont like the hex shape of the vertex, but that is a preference thing, of course.

mike

Top Bottom