Verious Elegant Beauty kit quality?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jdmyers4

I looking at the various 'Elegant Beauty' kits and was curious about the differences in the kits by different manufacturers. The ones sold by Craft Supply (the Aero) and Lau Lau take a slimer tube and cost about $10. The Berea Elegant Beauty take a slightly larger diamter tube and cost about $15 for the black Titanium kit. That makes the Elegant Sierra about 50% more in price. Does anyone see any difference in quality between the various Elegant Beauty style kits?

nativewooder

John, you are trying to compare apples and oranges. The Aero and the Elegant Beauty are two different size kits. You must compare kits with the same finish: black titanium, gold titanium, chrome, etc. One of my favorite vendors is exoticblanks.com to compare finishes and prices for the same type kits. Lau Lau often carries kits that nobody else carries. He does a good job with it. You may find that the differences in shipping times and costs may cover the difference in prices. Good luck with your research!:biggrin:

Russianwolf

The Aero and EB from Aaron are similar with the Aero being slightly less blingy (the EB from Aaron has a nice star piece on the finial being the major difference) (Both are from Dayacom). The twist location is better (tranny can't be slid up accidentially) but is very tube length specific.

The EB from other sources is a Sierra based kit. (Berea being the main source I think).

crabcreekind

I like the aero better, because the twist mechanism is in the finial instead of the middle, so you cannot accidently unscrew the pen. I have seen this many times with people trying to test my pens. Plus, I enjoy the slimmer pens.

Top Bottom