Vendors

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TexasSteel

Just venting here. It's amazing how some vendors take forever to ship. Granted my order was small, but does the size of the order really matter? I ordered 03 July and have not recieved it yet. No shipping notice yet either so I can't blame the mail.I still don't feel better but it's off my chest.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
Have you contacted the vendor? I usually wait over a month to receive items, but I live in Canada. Patience is required when you live up here.

But for US shipping, that is rather slow. I'd suggest contacting the vendor and ensure that it was actually sent out before you vent too much! :)

PenMan1

You may want to consider changing vendors. Most things that we use here are available for several different sources.

As a rule, I have found that most of the vendors that support the IAP ship the same day or next with better pricing than "the big guys". I have an informal rule that if a vendor can't have product in my hand in less than 5 days, I find someone who will.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
As one of the vendors, we cringe every time we see a thread like this. NONE of us is perfect, but we try.

It might help if you had your name in your profile---that way we could look to see if we are at fault!!

Our database does not show any outstanding orders on or near your date---but nothin is perfect!!

If it IS from us, please PM me!!

PenMan1

Every product that I use, with the exception of pen display boxes with glass dispays windows, is available from at least two other vendors.

Additionally, I have found that the "fast shipping" vendors are usually 10-15 percent less on the exact same product as the big guys "big quantity" discount.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
I will have to confess my sins here. I am most likely the vendor that TexasSteel is talking about. I had to take a break for about 4 weeks during my father's illness and finally his death and got WAY behind on orders as a result. I have been sending out notices to my customers updating them on the status of their order and offering a refund if they don't want/cant wait but there is a pretty good chance some of the notices are not getting through customer's spam filters. I am doing my best to try to dig out of the hole and am getting caught up, it is just taking a while. I also have a $750,000 house I am building that is behind as well and that customer is less than happy too.

Sometimes life just kicks you in the gut and you have to try to deal with it the best you can. I really hate letting anyone down and pride myself on exceptional customer service to the best of my ability. I have TexasSteel's order ready and it will ship tomorrow. I am also issuing a 100% refund for his trouble.

Last edited:

Andrew_K99

Wow Custis, that is above and beyond what anyone can expect from a vendor, more so a small "Ma and pa" vendor that had family issues to deal with.

I've yet to use your products but would in a heartbeat.

AK

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Nearly all the vendors who are active on the forum are "mom and pop" size. We all hope to grow and the best way to do that is to exceed our customers' expectations.

We each have strengths and weaknesses, but I think every one of us would bend over backward to make a customer happy. The IAP is, for the most part, a very "close-knit" group.

Curtis is a shining example of that attitude! Congrats, Curtis!

PenMan1

Nearly all the vendors who are active on the forum are "mom and pop" size. We all hope to grow and the best way to do that is to exceed our customers' expectations.

We each have strengths and weaknesses, but I think every one of us would bend over backward to make a customer happy. The IAP is, for the most part, a very "close-knit" group.

Curtis is a shining example of that attitude! Congrats, Curtis!

That's not just a claim! Both Ed and Curtis (and, in fact, all of the mom and pop vendors here) exceed my expectations on every order.

On the other hand, I'm still waiting for an explaination from one of the "big guys" as to why they didn't refund my $120 overnight shipping charge when they failed to ship my order as promised.

That's why I ALWAYS check stock levels with the mom and pops here before ordering. I think nearly every mom and pop shop has inventory levels posted on the site. Not the case with some of the giants.

Last edited:

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
I'm glad it wasn't me! I know I have some trouble at times because I
don't have a website and people usually PM me. Then they'll send a
Paypal with just the amount. (no screen name, no idea what they want,
no idea if it is from IAP, CraigsList, one of those "other" forums :tongue: ) and
I have to go back through emails, PM's, different email accounts and hope
to at least match up the amounts. (that's a start) but I'm always afraid
I'll lose track of one somewhere..

robutacion

I appreciate the fact that the OP didn't mention any names being perfectly aware that was one of us (sort of speak, as Curtis has clearly stated numerous times that, he is not an IAP member, as much as that did surprise me...!)

Anyway, myself as a very "miniature" vendor on IAP, have as most vendors I know in here, take customer service to the heart and have those parcels out the door, in the shortest possible period of time, however, there are circumstances that can quite easily, spoil that good intention and service.

This is what we all know that has happen to Curtis and his sad family events in recent times so, I would expect that those that were dealing with Curtis at the time this all happened to, understand and expect a delay on orders that Curtis could not honor in the time frame he expected so, and as much as I understand the frustration of waiting for something that is taking a lot longer to arrive than it should, I also call everyone's attention to the fact that, it can happen to any of us, vendors (big or small...!).

Fortunately for all of us IAP members, those that buy are prompt payers and those that sell a prompt dispatchers, every so often we get a "crook" one, on either side of the fence but, those are normally dealt with appropriately but, I have no doubt that vendors such as Curtis, would deliberately compromise his reputation by slaking off on his vendor responsibilities so, I feel that your "vent" could have stayed private, and that a PM to Curtis would be a more appropriate way to deal with your issue.

On the other hand, coming to our group venting about one of our own, will always provoke a reaction, this time you are getting the confirmation from everyone, including myself that, you are dealing with a honest vendor, and that all other honest vendors, understand your side but we also can not dismiss, the reasons for the delay of you order and that is just a real fact of life.

I like to think that we, as a group, look after each other in more ways then one and this, I hope, will be a good example of that...!:wink::biggrin:

Cheers
George

Last edited:

Tage

Curtis,
My condolences on your loss. Sometimes life does kick you in the gut, but you had your priorities. Your strong sense of ethics in customer service, I'm sure, will make up for any delays in shipping. Best of luck to you. My prayers are with your family.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
George, please see my notes below in red.

I appreciate the fact that the OP didn't mention any names being perfectly aware that was one of us (sort of speak, as Curtis has clearly stated numerous times that, he is not an IAP member, as much as that did surprise me...!) I am not sure what you mean by this or where you got this from. I have been an IAP member since 2005 and am an IAP member first and head moderator second.

Anyway, myself as a very "miniature" vendor on IAP, have as most vendors I know in here, take customer service to the heart and have those parcels out the door, in the shortest possible period of time, however, there are circumstances that can quite easily, spoil that good intention and service.

This is what we all know that has happen to Curtis and his sad family events in recent times so, I would expect that those that were dealing with Curtis at the time this all happened to, understand and expect a delay on orders that Curtis could not honor in the time frame he expected so, and as much as I understand the frustration of waiting for something that is taking a lot longer to arrive than it should, I also call everyone's attention to the fact that, it can happen to any of us, vendors (big or small...!).

Fortunately for all of us IAP members, those that buy are prompt payers and those that sell a prompt dispatchers, every so often we get a "crook" one, on either side of the fence but, those are normally dealt with appropriately but, I have no doubt that vendors such as Curtis, would deliberately compromise his reputation by slaking off on his vendor responsibilities so, I feel that your "vent" could have stayed private, and that a PM to Curtis would be a more appropriate way to deal with your issue. TexasSteel did ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong by his post. He did not mention any names and did not even say it was a vendor from IAP. He was venting to an group with similar interests. Very appropriate, IMO.

On the other hand, coming to our group venting about one of our own, will always provoke a reaction, this time you are getting the confirmation from everyone, including myself that, you are dealing with a honest vendor, and that all other honest vendors, understand your side but we also can not dismiss, the reasons for the delay of you order and that is just a real fact of life. Again, he did not come to this group venting about one of our own. Had I not owned up to it publicly, no one would have ever know that it was even an IAP vendor that he has a problem with. He did things very appropriately and I have absolutely no issue with his vent at all.

I like to think that we, as a group, look after each other in more ways then one and this, I hope, will be a good example of that...!:wink::biggrin:

Cheers
George

robutacion

George, please see my notes below in red.

I appreciate the fact that the OP didn't mention any names being perfectly aware that was one of us (sort of speak, as Curtis has clearly stated numerous times that, he is not an IAP member, as much as that did surprise me...!) I am not sure what you mean by this or where you got this from. I have been an IAP member since 2005 and am an IAP member first and head moderator second.

Fortunately for all of us IAP members, those that buy are prompt payers and those that sell a prompt dispatchers, every so often we get a "crook" one, on either side of the fence but, those are normally dealt with appropriately but, I have no doubt that vendors such as Curtis, would deliberately compromise his reputation by slaking off on his vendor responsibilities so, I feel that your "vent" could have stayed private, and that a PM to Curtis would be a more appropriate way to deal with your issue. TexasSteel did ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong by his post. He did not mention any names and did not even say it was a vendor from IAP. He was venting to an group with similar interests. Very appropriate, IMO.

On the other hand, coming to our group venting about one of our own, will always provoke a reaction, this time you are getting the confirmation from everyone, including myself that, you are dealing with a honest vendor, and that all other honest vendors, understand your side but we also can not dismiss, the reasons for the delay of you order and that is just a real fact of life. Again, he did not come to this group venting about one of our own. Had I not owned up to it publicly, no one would have ever know that it was even an IAP vendor that he has a problem with. He did things very appropriately and I have absolutely no issue with his vent at all.

Cheers
George

Curtis,

It seems that may be some miss-understanding to what I said or meant, I will try to address your questions/observations, following the order they appeared in red, on your reply...!

I remember to have read a few months ago, one of your replies, I believe (and I would need to read maybe hundreds of your posts to identify the one that was gave the information that I relied upon on my comment), on the subject of vendors, I think.

I was quite surprised with the what I read about your position with IAP, where I understood what I said in my comment. Again, I found it quite surprising but and at the same time, I took it to the fact that you may have made the decision to not be a member, so that it would be no conflict of interest with your role as a head moderator, that to me made sense, some how...!

I will try to recover that post, unless you see no need or you can remember the post I'm referring to, as I would certainly would like to read it again and see if I get the same interpretation. It is very possible and from what you are saying, a fact that, I miss-understood what you said in that post, therefore putting my comment out of content. If that is the case, my sincere apologies...!

On relation to the second point, I didn't say or meant that, what TexasSteel done is wrong, I felt that in my opinion, he knew well whom he was referring to, we didn't because it didn't say, which I reckon was no need, therefore I saw no need to express his disappointment to the group and maybe allow us to think/believed that was some other vendor that we should probably consider not to deal with, due to poor customer service. This has been the case with many other members' vents/complains/displeasure with certain vendors.

The post could only created confusion and questions would be asked to identify such vendor, as a precautionary measure, that would be a good thing but, your situation with family events and other, has been well documented and I believe the of knowledge of everyone, reason why I felt that, a direct PM to you, would be a more appropriated way...!

In regards to the third point, again, some of the explanations have been made above, and you are absolutely correct when you say that, TexasSteel "vent" didn't identify anyone, IAP vendor or not, I have also acknowledged that, was your "voluntary" admittance that made me react and thing, "well..., if TexasSteel knew that he was directing his frustration to you, why to make us believe, even for a short period of time that, we had [another one of those vendors, around...???]"

I can not vouch for anyone else's thoughts/interpretations, nor such would be necessary, after all, I was trying to give you some credit, as a well known vendor, and not the other way around. I'm well aware that, in many occasions, my interpretation of what I read, takes me to the wrong direction, my responses are a direct result of that, and I never had any difficulties/problems in apologize if I make a mistake, in this case, I'm glad to know that I made a mistake in believe that, you said that you were not an IAP member, your confirmation, makes a lot more sense to me but, I still believe that, the vent would make you say something (as you did), when we all know, things haven't been easy for you lately...!

I wish no offense to anyone, nor I intended to created such a fuss...!

PS: Sorry TexasSteel, I meant no harm...!

Cheers
George

Last edited:
Top Bottom