Vendor recommendation

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ALA

The site worked well for me. The "add to cart" button didn't appear to do any thing when clicking on it but after going to the cart the items were there. Could use some work to make it more attractive but it works.

penmaker56

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
South Africa

I've never heard of them, and I usually keep aware of my Schmidt competitors.

Just a pity you do not ship overseas.
Phil
South Africa does not enjoy a very good reputation as a receiving country for international shipments -- I usually won't ship there either because of losses and I don't think I can get insurance from my usual carrier.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
People in South Africa seem to KNOW what will get to them. When we get orders from there, I ask HOW they want it shipped. Each region seems to have a different answer, but they are willing to accept the risk, knowing their own regions "idiosyncrasies".

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
People in South Africa seem to KNOW what will get to them. When we get orders from there, I ask HOW they want it shipped. Each region seems to have a different answer, but they are willing to accept the risk, knowing their own regions "idiosyncrasies".
I ship to a couple of people on that condition also - they accept the risk.

Phil Hansen

I know it is a risk but what can we do. Have to take a chance.
I have only lost one package in 10 years. Not too bad.
Delivery times can vary from 12 days to 2 months. Depends how the 'workers' feel.
Sometimes I pay tax, sometimes not. Again depends on how they feel.
USPS flat rate works the best for me and my region.
Phil

Last edited:

MattTheHat

The good ole US of A ain't great when it comes to receiving international shipments either. My in-laws are in England and I KNOW how long it takes to get air mail to and from them--about five to six days. Letters and cards and such are a weekly thing from one direction or the other.

Packages, however...that's a different story. Even ones that go via air mail. I got som kits in from England late this week. They were shipped the day after I ordered them and took exactly one month to arrive.

I mail about 5 packages a month to different locations around the world. Most arrive just about anywhere in the world within 8 days. However, some packages shipped to the same country as one the previous week will take over a month to arrive. I honestly think it's either a customs thing, or a package inspection thing. Whatever the case, it seems random, and only happens about 20 percent of the time.

-Matt

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
The good ole US of A ain't great when it comes to receiving international shipments either. My in-laws are in England and I KNOW how long it takes to get air mail to and from them--about five to six days. Letters and cards and such are a weekly thing from one direction or the other.

Packages, however...that's a different story. Even ones that go via air mail. I got som kits in from England late this week. They were shipped the day after I ordered them and took exactly one month to arrive.

I mail about 5 packages a month to different locations around the world. Most arrive just about anywhere in the world within 8 days. However, some packages shipped to the same country as one the previous week will take over a month to arrive. I honestly think it's either a customs thing, or a package inspection thing. Whatever the case, it seems random, and only happens about 20 percent of the time.

-Matt
It is usually customs or tax issues and it is usually the receiving country. It is normally avoided by using USPS International Express but that is too expensive except for very high value shipments. They ususally breeze through customs because you are getting direct delivery to the address.

Top Bottom