Vendor/Buyer "Etiquette" - Advice Requested

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dachshund1

I'm still pretty new to this hobby, so I wasn't sure exactly how to title this thread.

Recently, I purchased from a very reputable vendor several higher-end (for me, anyway - around $28 each) rollerball kits. Upon assembling the first, I noticed the clip and the nib section were not protected within the larger package. All the other pieces were contained in their own individual "baggies."

As a result, the clip shows just enough surface "wear" that it makes my brand new tru-stone pen look slightly used.

Now, I don't know what rules exist regarding mail order packaging, but up until this most recent purchase - some effort seems to have been made to prevent anything metallic from contacting during shipment.

Am I just unlucky that his parcel got jostled more than usual in transit - or did the vendor just overlook (presumably) bagging the clip?

It's my first order from this seller - and I'm otherwise impressed with the quality of the kit. Just to be clear: I'm not upset or angry - merely a little disappointed.

Any advice would be appreciated. What's a reasonable, justified response to this situation?

Terry

Last edited:
Top Bottom