variation on super glue as band aid

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TurtleTom

I have very thin skin, (literally, only), and when I get a small cut I usually put super glue on it. It just doesn't work very well. If you manage to get it on the cut where you need it, most is likely to run off before it sets, getting on your fingernails or finger pads.
Several days ago I cut myself, cussed, and went for the super glue, then had a (rare) brainstorm, hold the glue in place with tissue. So I put the super glue on the cut and immediately put a thin tissue over it. The tissue prevented the glue from running off, it just spread in the paper. The tissue makes a very good reinforcement and has been on the cut for 3 days without falling off. Far better than trying to get a band aid anywhere on your hand or fingers, and hair becomes part of the bandage reinforcement.
I suppose I should try it with a gun cleaning patch and make the Army happy.
I expect this, sadly, will be my 15 minutes of fame.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TurtleTom

My ex-wife used to do this too. I just never understood why she put it on my lips when they weren't cut or bleeding? Hmmmmm ??
Good thing you didn't bend over to pick up the soap when your lips were glued.

There are CA type dressings for cuts in the first aid section of the drug store.

Thanks, I'll have to look for those.
One thing about the super glue/tissue. Don't expect it to come off tomorrow, or the day after either.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
I use black pepper

My skin is getting thin too and I'm on a daily aspirin so I tend to bleed readily with any minor cut or scrape. I found that sprinkling ground black pepper on the cut will coagulate the blood in a few minutes, and it washes off easily when I take a shower.

Lenny

Super glue was originally developed in 1942 by Eastman Kodak but by 1966 it was used by medics in Vietnam to stop battle wounds from bleeding. The stuff you by at the pharmacy is probably a purer form but I do like the rest of you and use what I have on hand. :biggrin:
It works great sealing up all the little cracks I get on my fingers from the cold weather. Takes the sting away almost instantly.

Curly

My skin is getting thin too and I'm on a daily aspirin so I tend to bleed readily with any minor cut or scrape. I found that sprinkling ground black pepper on the cut will coagulate the blood in a few minutes, and it washes off easily when I take a shower.

Cannibals would find you to be a treat. Pre-spiced! ;)

Top Bottom