Vail Postable RB spring ?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dick Mahany

I recently tried a few Vail Postable RB pen kits and can't get the pens assembled without cutting the springs approximately in half. I've double checked to be sure that I didn't trim the barrel too short. Anyone know if this is normal for that kit ? Hacking the spring just doesn't seem right.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I recently tried a few Vail Postable RB pen kits and can't get the pens assembled without cutting the springs approximately in half. I've double checked to be sure that I didn't trim the barrel too short. Anyone know if this is normal for that kit ? Hacking the spring just doesn't seem right.
How big are the springs to start with....the ones I have for other kits seem to be about a half inch.

Dick Mahany

Thanks for the question. The springs are almost 0.8" and very strong when compared to Jr Gents or Tritons. These kits come with a no name Yeetsen refill and have been a total disappointment so far. When I tried to tighten the finial cap and nib holders, there was a complete bind up and resulted in the fitting threads splitting apart like a helicoil. The supplier does mention that the kit is not a Berea kit and I think it is part of the problem.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Thanks for the question. The springs are almost 0.8" and very strong when compared to Jr Gents or Tritons. These kits come with a no name Yeetsen refill and have been a total disappointment so far. When I tried to tighten the finial cap and nib holders, there was a complete bind up and resulted in the fitting threads splitting apart like a helicoil. The supplier does mention that the kit is not a Berea kit and I think it is part of the problem.
You might check for some Jr Gent 1 or Classic springs - I have people who tell me they never use the spring in their classic rollerballs and so somebody might have some extra ones lying around.

Top Bottom